RIP TRIP TOMORROW - "THE" Roster [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum


07-04-2002, 07:28 AM
For this one time, we will not use the paypal signups.

According to conversations with the Lincolns, post order in threads like J Wee's Best bet 4th question (, the order was something like:

[1] Jamuelho(1) - contacted Rip Ryder June 28th
[2] Jamuelho(2) - "
[3] Kush - guest of honor
[4] Juro - instigated the event
[5] Striblue - co-meister
[6] Adrian - early adopter
[7] Craig - jumped on it

Then in subsequent posts...

[8] bigdave
[9] shadfreak
[10] case
[11] grego

With a backup Riptripper in the event of a cancellation...

[12] Tinman

This one time we will skip the on-line prepay. In the future we will go back to the paypal first-come order, this time please be prepared to bring $30 in hand to the Rip Ryder. The paypal approach was adopted because (1) there was always confusion about the order of signup and (2) Keith needs a single payment from us in the form of a check, and paypal does the collection and the timestamping of signups.


1) all are expected to pay $30 whether you show up or not, unless we back-fill empty spots
2) If weather stops Friday, we go Saturday - you should be prepared to go either day
3) Current forecast is for NW 10-15 mph winds, seas 1-2. It looks like we will not have to walk but you should be prepared to walk 8 miles in the event the weather prevents a pickup at the tip.

Other notes:

No plans for a Saturday run at this time. If interested, please reply and we'll start a second list.

Thanks Striblue for contacting Rip Ryder

See you at 6:30 at the causeway!

07-04-2002, 01:21 PM
Juro, we need to contact Keith tonight to confirm. . I will call him tonight.

07-04-2002, 02:05 PM
I spoke with him by phone just a little while ago, the only concern is weather. NWS/NOAA calls for steady NW/W thru Saturday, we should be all set. Please post after you call Keith tonight.

Others -

6:30am SHARP at the Causeway please!

07-04-2002, 06:19 PM
Just spoke to Ed... we are on....

07-04-2002, 06:55 PM
Thanks John, since it's pretty late in the evening I suspect we have no cancellations.

! If anyone needs to cancel, speak up now for Tinman's benefit... otherwise the original 11 man roster will Ryde at 6:30.

Going once...

07-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Going twice...

07-04-2002, 09:20 PM