Adrian & your Yak ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Adrian & your Yak ?

steelheadmike
07-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Adrian,

You would not of happened to be on the Hudson River in Croton Bay the other night would you? I heard 3 reports of a guy sight fishing to Stripes out there in a Yak. I heard he landed 2 fish up to 10lbs on the fly. Since I know of maybe 2 other people who flyfish out there I figure it may have been you. The resource is untapped with the flyrod and I hope for the most part it stays that way.

If you are ever interested in an evening recon mission out there let me know. That bay holds many secrets in the summer months especially at night

:devil:

Adrian
07-03-2002, 10:08 AM
I wish I wish Mike!

My only trip on ther Hudson so for was at Esopus back in April. Guys with fishfinders on their yaks were marking fish at the drop-off but the only fish caught was by a guy on the shore.

I would certainly be interested in taking another trip out there - especially with someone who knows the area ;)

steelheadmike
07-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Just give me the heads up when you are coming. We can take my boat if you want. It drafts very shallow and can slip into the skinny water easily. Another option is you can drop your Yak @ Croton Harmon Train Station and I will meet you out there. In any case there has been good reports of sizable resident fish in the area hanging around the flat. That area also produces big fish and good numbers of them in Oct,Nov & Dec! Maybe a little cold for a Yak but there are more than one way to skin a Stripe... uh I mean cat.;)