Chatham-7/1-A Morning with B. Pink [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham-7/1-A Morning with B. Pink

striblue
07-02-2002, 02:48 PM
First this post is dedicated to Lefty (Terry W.).. I will not say much but left with Bob around 5:30 AM and back by 12:30....Let the pictures talk, but bait was everywhere where we went...off Chatham.... they sounded like rain hitting the pavement... we left the crowd of boats and lucky we did...by ourselves.... All kinds of Birds... sand eel bait.... BIG stripers and Blues... all between 30 and 40 inches.. l lost four ,caught 10 plus as did Bob ... whales everywhere... a couple close calls where Bob had to blow his horn... Took some pictures as we could... Here is Bob with one of his... the following posts have the other pictures.

striblue
07-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Striper:

Penguin
07-02-2002, 02:56 PM
...NICE!!!
'Looks like Bob joined the French Foreign Legion...tres'sheek!

striblue
07-02-2002, 02:57 PM
Bait...bubbling ..acres of it... all sand eels.

striblue
07-02-2002, 03:00 PM
"Bob...ahh... that's getting close...Don't you think?

striblue
07-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Whoa!!!! BOb...Oh Bob!...lets start the engines! ..OK

striblue
07-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Another clean release:

striblue
07-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Another one:

striblue
07-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Finally...Bob's last fish of the day..I stopped and took this one... Funny seeing bigger stripers go after the hooked ones. A great day and many thanks .

Lefty
07-02-2002, 03:27 PM
I told ya! Leave that little 7 mile strip of sand, go elsewhere and voila. It helps that you were fishing with the hound himself (Mr. P).
BTW, my ears were burning. Let's see you do that up north. Now THAT'S a challenge.

Lefty

jborkowski
07-02-2002, 03:27 PM
john, as i sit here at work, this thread hurts. cuts right to the bone.

'nuff said

DFix
07-02-2002, 03:35 PM
I'm bleeding right along with ya, Jeff -

Damn!!! Every one covered in lice -

Are you sure you guys haven't been elevated to Guru status or taken to a different astral plane?
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/geno/ibelieve.gif

Dble Haul
07-02-2002, 03:58 PM
Dave, they were probably using a version of those "Cosmic Candies". :p

Great fish guys! Like it was said before, a few cut to the bone, but I'd rather see them than not see them. Thumbs way up!

JimW
07-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Thanks, I needed that.
So do you think the whales will tolorate my kayak? :hehe:

GregD
07-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Great photos and fish guys, what a memorable day on the water. I know I don't see many days like that, pretty amazing.
I can imagine those whales can give you abit of a surprise when they pop up next to you. :whoa:

Greg

DFix
07-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Mark, this performance by the Messrs. Incredible will most likely require bowing and kowtowing, paying homage with some kind of chant or announcement whenever they approach...

Bob Pink
07-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Sometimes a picture (or five) does say thousands of words. We did have to think 'out of the box' today as the old standby spots just didn't make up. It's always good to fish with someone who is an optomist as John arrived at the ramp with two 12wts as his tools of choice for the day.
Had those whales coming dead on towrds us twice, no kidding I did start blowing the horn as I was starting the boat, was hoping the noise would turn them off course...
So much bait, so many (good) fish.

It's nice to catch fish that dictate the rules of engagement right at the beginning of the fight. Most of today's fish called the shots, we were just lucky to win some of the fights.

Thanks John!

Broadbill
07-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Goosebumps looking at those pictures. Those whale shots were so cool. The fish weren't bad either! Great report. Great photos. Thanks, John and Bob--helps us deskbound anglers remember why we should get out more often.

Jay

Jimmy
07-02-2002, 06:28 PM
WOW! What a great day you guys had. That must have been sight to see those wales so close to the boat. Just think. In a few weeks I'll be able to see the same thing. Of course, it will involve the wife, two kids, a drive to P town, and more money that would like to spend.:hehe:

GregD
07-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by striblue
Finally...Bob's last fish of the day..I stopped and took this one... Funny seeing bigger stripers go after the hooked ones. A great day and many thanks .

John,

Perhaps a large striper fly is in order when the big ones are in cannibal feeding mode. It sounds like if you had a large one to toss right then you might have hooked up with something bigger yet. Just a thought, what a great day. Hope to see a day like that one on my vacation. :cool:

Greg.

FishHawk
07-03-2002, 06:35 AM
Great report . Trip to remember. FishHawk

juro
07-03-2002, 04:34 PM
I remember my day on Double Happiness last year off shore with Bob... INCREDIBLE! Sounds like the outside fishery is on fire again. Looking forward to a few days off to try my luck again!