Fishing Is Fine North of the Border (Massachusetts Border that is) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing Is Fine North of the Border (Massachusetts Border that is)

AARON
07-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Hey Fellas,
Juro~ here's a report from elsewhere Friend!
It has been a long while since we last spoke. I'll tell you what, the fishing up here in Maine has been Red Hot. We have been experiencing numerous big fish in the 30+ fashion. How can anyone knock fishin' in Chatum? :tsk_tsk: Damn, Juro and Grego and a few other Forum Faithfuls showed me the light on one fine August day. Hallelujah.... The sermon that was preached that day infected this child with the DISEASE :devil: ! Gentlemen, I will tell you this there are alot of thankful Brook Trout through out the state of Maine. The stripers weren't as lucky! I can't wait to get down to the Cape, I think I'll be down there for at least a few weeks in August :smokin:

~~~ May the Force Be with you~~~
Aaron

juro
07-01-2002, 03:41 PM
Hey Aaron, glad to hear from you. I the fishing's so hot right now downeast you don't even have time to talk about it! ;)

That's great news. I love striper fishing in Maine - pine trees growing right to the edge of SW inlets, clear water and big feisty fish. I was in Brunswick / Bath for several months and spent my off hours in LL Bean, Popham, or Reid.

I'll be visiting my brother in Portland sometime this month and will contact you guys to hook up some morning in July.

Chatham... rings a bell... where is that again? ;)

Eddie
07-03-2002, 07:28 AM
If you have time, give me a shout, Eddie

Chris
07-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Likewise Juro,
Drop me a note when you're headed this way. I've been doing real well at Fort Popham. Last evening I hooked in to a corker.
I had doubts about the nail knot I tied- twice- when I put on a new leader. I paid for it. I was hooked up to a cow that with a half dozen shakes of it's head took everything up to my line. Now the bait slingers are on the river, it's closed to bait and is catch and release only until July 1, so turf is a little tighter. I've gone over to fishing after dark thirty to minimise the contact.

Aaron, Eddie give me a shout I work in Portland and wouldn't mind learning a little more of the southern part of Maine.

grego
07-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey Aaron, good to hear from you. drop me a note also, I'm in Northern MA, so it's about the same drive to Souther ME as the Cape. Now that Tourist season is in Full Swing it may be easier to drive North than South. Besides I'd like to add a ME striper to my list of catches! GregO.

BTW: This hot wave has seemed to kill out the N. Shore Bite!