Can we meet quota on Saturday or Sunday? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Can we meet quota on Saturday or Sunday?

juro
05-21-2001, 01:10 PM
For a 7am Rip Ryder shuttle? Reply here if you can do it. I have faith that the conditions of this past weekend will be done with by the weekend and the last two weekends provide evidence that things will be favorable.

Adrian
05-21-2001, 01:19 PM
That sounds very tempting! Looking at the Nooa charts we also have a minus tide next week-end! I could probably swing a trip up on Sunday.

Bill
05-21-2001, 01:27 PM
Great idea. I'm in if it's Sunday. Can't do Saturday.

Bill S

Lefty
05-21-2001, 01:41 PM
FlyfishingMonomyForum.com :-D

P.I.
P.I.
P.I.
P.I.
T.W.

JeffSod
05-21-2001, 01:46 PM
Definete Maybe. Weather permitting I really want to get out there in my boat but this may be easier on Saturday morning as I have yet to ready the boat.

juro
05-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Lefty (05-21-2001 01:44 p.m.):
FlyfishingMonomyForum.com :-D

P.I.
P.I.
P.I.
P.I.
T.W.

Terry -

I am lookin' at Thursday, 5am... can you make it?

Lefty
05-21-2001, 03:14 PM
Aw, I was looking at wed in the drizzle. The lousy weather is returning too, but that doesn't bother me. I'm watching the weather and will decide.

Lefty

Mattb
05-21-2001, 03:26 PM
Juro, I might be able to make a 5am PI trip on Thursday, but I can't make Monomoy this weekend.

Dave and I fished Monomoy again on sunday, and did very well, I'll post a full report tomorrow when i have more time, but I got a bass and a blue in the high 30" range; the bass came out of a pod on the flats and the blue was cruising through a channel on the top. The bass were thick on the flats in the morning(rising tide)

Matt

(the spell check is great, but it's no substitute for a good proofread)

striblue
05-21-2001, 04:35 PM
Juro, As far as I can tell I will be on the Cape at some point on the weekend and may make a Sunday Shuttle trip to Monomoy.. MattB and Dave... let me know how you do with the Harry K's Rat's ass fly... the Chartreuse one.

bcasey
05-22-2001, 08:38 AM
Not this weekend, but for sure next WE, GOOD LUCK !

jborkowski
05-22-2001, 08:45 AM
Juro, I'm in for Sunday.

Hopefully PI Saturday A.M. as well with Doogue.

Adrian
05-22-2001, 12:42 PM
Juro

What's the quota number? Do we need 10, as in 10x$10?

If it's a $$ thing I don't mind shelling out extra to make up the shortfall.

juro
05-22-2001, 12:54 PM
Yes, that's the case. If we can talk Keith into a two hour advancement it would be worth double to me as well.

jborkowski
05-22-2001, 01:35 PM
Ditto on double.

Whatever it takes.

Bill
05-22-2001, 01:54 PM
Ditto covering shortfall on a Sunday trip.

SOLO
05-22-2001, 07:30 PM
If I could find a small patch of floor space on which to spend the night I could do SAT and SUN...

doogue
05-22-2001, 07:48 PM
Oh,

What a crew that would be! You guys are making me jealous. There is a glimmer of hope that I will be able to join you guys on Sunday. If the weather is nice I may be able to convince Kirsten to tag along with me and learn what it feels like to hook a cow. She has only caught 1 striper on the flyrod (the only fish she ever caught). She caught it with a fly that she tied too.

Ahh, she just pointed out that that fish got away at her feet. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. Even more reason to get her to come out this Sunday. I doubt it will happen but I will keep my fingers crossed. She just will not want to do all of that driving on Sunday. My Dad might make the trip too but he will confirm later in the week.

I have a feeling that this weekend's trip wil produce lots of fish. Hell, it is a given if Borkowski goes and I do not.

-Mike

Adrian
05-23-2001, 11:05 PM
Now that the Doogues have sorted out which handle belongs to which Doogue it sounds like at least one of them is up for this coming week end. It would be great to fish with you again Jim! That goes for all the Doogues - looking forward to meeting middle Doogue soon and a belated thanks for the clave libations.

If it's going to happen, my plan is to leave CT at 01:30 a.m. Sunday which should put me in Chatham around 05:30.

From the above interest it sounds like a go if Keith is o.k. with the early departure. I hope so, this looks like the best tide of the month and there are precious few of those during the season!

juro
05-23-2001, 11:21 PM
Sunday is better for me as well afterall, glad we're on the same wavelength. I'll make the call to Rip Ryder.

striblue
05-24-2001, 12:52 AM
I am in for Sunday . Will fish the light house first and then meet at te causeway. I will be looking for anyone at the light house first.

Mattb
05-24-2001, 11:09 AM
It's looking like I might be able to make it sunday after all. I'll probably come down saturday night and hang the hammock somewhere. Striblue I'll probably see you in front of the light early on sunday.

Matt

Craig
05-24-2001, 12:14 PM
Hey Guys:

Do you need another guy? Is it filled up yet? If not count me in!

Craig

MarkDoogue
05-24-2001, 05:38 PM
Just when I thought I had all my hobbies in order, my sons introduce me to you folks and here I go again.Couldn't think of a better way to spend this Sunday morning than with some of the Clave crew. I passed on our annual turkey hunt in New York to spend time with Mike at the SPRINGCLAVE and I couldn't have made a better choice. Count me in for Sunday morning and ditto on any shortfall. Having never done this trip before, I need advice on what to bring.(drinks, powerbars, ...?) . Do we take a cooler and leave it on the beach or is it a solo thing? Any advice would be helpful. Good to hear from you Adrian and looking forward to seeing you again. Does any one need any turkey feathers. J.D.

juro
05-24-2001, 06:01 PM
Sounds like we got a quorum!

What to bring...

Yes, a small cooler is a good idea. People leave their coolers at the drop off point all the time, which also makes a good spot for taking a break as well. We should put everything in one if possible, makes good sense.

It's a good idea to carry energy bars and water around with you so when you get hungry you don't have to walk back to the cooler. Water is best because it's about the only hydrating drink that still tastes OK piss warm, which happens a lot out there on the flats (although probably not this weekend).

Sunblock - high numbers. Really important out here. The chapstick with sunscreen is a real plus.

Pop a compass in your pocket, we may be fishing the flats a mile off the beach knee deep on the flood tide. If a fog rolls in like last week you'll need a pointer to guide you. A little whistle isn't a bad idea too.

Polarized shades of course, this is sight fishing country.

Intermediate line is most important, fast sink line is also necessary in some spots. Flies = sand eels, crabs, squid, baitfish.

Tides:

AM Low - approx 10am -0.4ft; PM High - approx 4:33pm 4.0ft

fliboy
05-24-2001, 06:24 PM
Juro - what's the official count - may take a spot? My wife decided to head back to NY for the long weekend. I may drive down Saturday if I can find a resonable hotel - any one have any recommendations. That way I can hit some of the spots Saturday, that we hit last weekend.

Juro - you posting an "official" list and the time of departure?

Dave

juro
05-24-2001, 07:03 PM
Dave -

Hotel would be tough this holiday weekend especially for a one-nighter. You might want to call ahead, this weather might have left things open.

If you would like a good place to crash in your vehicle or a tent let me know and I will point you to some unknown spots where you will not be harrassed.

I'll poke around a little and see what I can come up with for other options as well.

Yes I will post a listing.

Mattb
05-25-2001, 08:52 AM
Juro, If you could cc me on that mail to dave re: places to park/camp overnight where i won't get harassed it would be great. I haven't had any problems in the hammock right out on morris island, but it never hurts to have a backup.

I'll be fishing up in maine today and tomorrow and unless the fishing is great up there I'll probably head down saturday night for the early sunday shuttle.

Matt

juro
05-25-2001, 09:52 AM
Crunch time!

OK we have:

adrian
bill
jeff*
mattb*
striblue
jeffb*
solo
craig
jimd
dave
juro*

* - not positive

If you are not asterisked, please reply to confirm yay or nay.

I am asterisked... I will probably have to fish Saturday because it is not certain that my wife and kids want to do the cape this weekend due to weather. That means I need to be around for Sun/Mon. Luckily everybody already has plans made for SAT so I am a free man for the day. After last weekend I have to keep it reasonable. Need the points for next weekend.

The whole boat for the early run would be $14.25 each, or we could wait for the standard start time at 8am for $10

In anycase, I will send an email detailing what John, John Jr, Jeff Borkowski, and I experienced during the same tides two weeks ago. I'll try to keep the emphatics and superlatives under control. I'll also provide a SAT report for those who can only do Sun. I would imagine John M will be there Sat as well - is that the case John?

striblue
05-25-2001, 10:42 AM
Juro, I will there Saturday morning and Sunday Morning.. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat because I wanted to do the Lighthouse from 4:30 AM to about 7:30Am and then go to south beach for a couple hours... The family is down this weekend and I will not be able to stay all day. I may take the boys to Bridge Street in the eve... regardless of tides to get them into schoolies if they are there. Do you know what the tides are Sat morn and Sunday Morn? You may have already given that info but specifically for Chatham. I will look on the Web to determine but do you have any thoughts along with the tide info?

Mattb
05-25-2001, 11:26 AM
I definitely can't make a saturday morning trip, and I'm only 50/50 for sunday right now, so I don't want to reserve a spot on the boat. If I show up and there's room, great, if not then I'll just wait for the next boat.

Good luck on saturday guys. Hopefully I'll be able to read some encouraging reports saturday evening to help with my decision about sunday.

Matt

JeffSod
05-25-2001, 12:28 PM
Striblue, I may try and join you at the lighthouse sometime around 6 on Saturday. Probably not taking the shuttle as my schedule has to be flexable as wife and I will be sharing one vehicle for the weekend.

Craig
05-25-2001, 12:30 PM
Hey Can't Make Sunday!

As it turns out I will not be able to make it Sunday, Saturday is the better day for me. This means it is NAY for me.

Craig

juro
05-25-2001, 01:44 PM
Bardy - didn't you say you were going to be down there too? I'm sure the guys who are trying to book the early run on Sunday are looking for as many heads as possible.

juro
05-25-2001, 01:47 PM
Sounds like the way it's gonna go is:

People who are fishing sat hit the rendezvous area first and go to the causeway to catch the 8am.

People who are fishing Sunday should try to book the Rip Ryder for an early run to be out there before everybody else. See the other thread

Someone is going to have to take the contact person role in the Sunday run. See the other thread.

Bill
05-25-2001, 02:08 PM
Juro,

You have your hands full. If you need a contact person for the Sunday early run - I'll help out. You can call me on the cell phone to give me pointers on how to be a "mini-meister".

Bill

Adrian
05-25-2001, 02:23 PM
I am definite for Sunday - either the early bird or regular 08:00. Looking forward to the Saturday p.m. reports - though I'll probably be getting some sleep before I leave CT.

striblue
05-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Bill, if you need any hel I can be your assistant Point person. I know both Ed and Keith very well