Elvis is in the building [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Elvis is in the building

juro
07-01-2002, 06:12 AM
Had a great dinner with Tyler and his wife, my daughter and a friend last night after a nice sunny day at Rockport. Kush and Sandi are out doing the Boston tour on their anniversary. The rich historical and cultural background of the northeast will provide much to do over the Independence Day week. This will be an experience that they will remember when they return to British Columbia. Museums, perhaps take in a show, shopping... yah yah, when's the fishing start? :devil: Ooops sorry, slipped up a little there.

So where were we... oh yes, the opera house...

Doublespey
07-01-2002, 11:48 AM
You said the "F" word in front of Elvis! :rolleyes:

Now it's up to you to think of a suitable festive alternative - maybe snake-rolling some sparklers with the Loop rod on the 4th!!

It's OK - still 9 more days till I get there. Plenty of time for the fishing to start!! :devil:

Tyler - I Believe! :D :D :D Nobuo for President!!!

hasta,

DS

pmflyfisher
07-01-2002, 12:50 PM
I hope they don't eat "New England Steamers" all week, boy am I jealous:devil:

juro
07-02-2002, 05:40 AM
After the waders come off, the legs zip off the convertible pants, on go the sandals. Ahhh my feet can breate again. The long sleeves used to block the sun roll up and button in place and the shirt tails are tucked in. We drive to the beach bar and take a table on the deck, order up an ice cold Sam Adams Summer wheaten ale with a lemon slice and a big basket of Monomoy steamers with butter and broth after a hard day of striper fishing. We raise our glasses as beads of dew dribble down the sides on a hot humid Cape Cod day. Clink! Life is GOOD!

fredaevans
07-02-2002, 06:54 AM
last one .... you'd better publish a calendar of available dates for your guest room(s).
:>)

MarkDoogue
07-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Wise choice on the beer.

I'll have to email this thread to the appropriate Boston Beer Company representatives........