Fly Fishing Forum banner

The Flyfisher's Guide to Warmwater Lakes

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
There usually comes a time every couple of seasons where I find myself not doing as well as I normally would on a given warmwater fishery. It's usually a result of me drifting ever so slightly from trip to trip away from my solid plans of attack. This is why I'm thankful that I own Cliff Hauptman's The Flyfisher's Guide to Warmwater Lakes. This book keeps me centered and helps to re-establish my paradigms for lakes and ponds.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to either get serious about pursuing warmwater species or just see some improvement in their current success rate. I just finished reading it again, and the first four chapters have done enough to make me realize how my fishing has morphed over the past three years away from a more effective approach. It succeeds in helping me to uncomplicate things, and above all, to fish with a plan.

If anyone has trouble finding this book, let me know. I can provide more detailed info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.