Vacation Update [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vacation Update

FredA
06-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Sunday, 6/24 had a pleasant walk down South Beach with John and Tim Watts. Fishing? What Lefty said.

Bay side flats Monday and Tuesday had lots of fish all along the beach but a 5 wieght would have been more appropriate than the 10er. The venue was spectacular though.

Had my brothers father-in-law and life long family friend down Wednesday and Thursday. Pat's a lifelong fishing addict and at a sprie 78 is taking up the long wand. Wind was a nuisence and not as many fish around as earlier in the week but we had a good time anyhow.

Went to the light this morning and fished out side and out in the bars. Again, what Lefty said but did see a few fish taken by some spin guys. There was a group of Jersey/NY guys who have been doing pretty good this week at various locations and in particular Nauset Inlet.

Me, I'm in a slump and need to forget about workin around the house and take a serious fishing day. Maybe Sunday

DFix
06-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Fred, Striblue is down for the next week, and starting tomorrow (Sat) morning is at the Light at O'Dark Thirty daily.

He'll post, read and respond, so give him a shout. He's right off Ridgevale Beach in Chatham.

FredA
06-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Ya I know where to find Morin. Sunday morning I was out at the point talking to his Chatham buddies (Leon had this unbelievable rocket launcher he just built) when we saw the unmistakeble striblu strut with coffee in hand making his way out. Truly becoming a vision of summer for me.

striblue
06-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Fred..I will meet you on the bay side at some point...I know you know not to give up on South Beach.... Lefty can do that...but Lefty will have a different opinion this year if he would come down for more than two day trips.... So..lets go.. a 30 plus at least per day. Bring an intermediate line also... cross over to the flats... . At drop off we go right, to the big humps... I can feel it now... can't you.? Penguin? tomorrow is Saturday and everyday is Saturday...right..I will expect to see you too.