Chatham in July [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham in July

Dble Haul
06-27-2002, 01:01 PM
My wife and I had a nice dinner with her parents the other night as they passed through our town. For their 30th anniversary, they have rented a house 3 miles from downtown Chatham. My wife and I will be there from mid day on the 27th (Saturday) until mid day on the 31st (Wednesday). I will definitely be able to sneak off for a few hours here and there to squeeze in some fishing.

I asked for detailed info on our location......they couldn't remember the street name, but told me that the house is only 100 yards from Pleasant Beach and is also very close to Forest Beach. Good location?

Will anyone be in the area at that time in July? Let me know, maybe we can hook up (literally and figuratively). :)

striblue
06-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Double... I live off of Ridgevale Beach which is the next beach over from Cockle Cove and Forest Street... I will be there during that time... lets meet.

Dble Haul
06-28-2002, 10:12 AM
John, that sounds good. I'll drop you a message via PM as the time draws near. By the way, I was able to find some of those holographic eye plates that you had offered to pick up and mail to me. I got them at Smitty's this past weekend while I was in Plymouth. Thanks again for your previous offer to get them for me.

juro
06-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Anywhere from which you can smell a Chatham tide is a good place to fish.

That's a whole month of fishing away, but I'm sure we can "do the route" with you out on south beach, Nauset, etc.

Should be seeing a few tunoids on the southside by then, especially with all the anchovies on the east side of Monomoy already.

Dble Haul
07-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Folks, I got the wrong weekend. We're actually going to be there one week earlier, from mid day on Saturday the 20th until mid day on Wednesday the 24th.

Hope this doesn't throw us off too much. Will any Forum members be around at that time?

striblue
07-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Good...because I will be down all that week.

Dble Haul
07-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Yeah......my casting hand is starting to itch. :p

I'll PM when the time draws nearer. I don't think that we have any solid plans for our time in the area. It's going to be kind of "fly by the seat of our pants", and I wouldn't want it any other way.

See you soon. :)