HATS are IN! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: HATS are IN!

juro
06-19-2002, 06:02 PM
OK - I will have to go look at the old signups to see how the payments will go.

0) All orders will start with the order of response to the original thread

1) Paypal orders only for the first round

2) Check ordering will only happen if someone volunteers to do it, and if so the paypal orders will be first filled by those in order (original thread) before opening the floor to check payments

Paypal generates a spreadsheet automatically and makes the job 200% easier.

They look great! Look for your name on the list right here on this thread.

Juro

Sprocket
06-19-2002, 08:12 PM
Juro - put me down for a second if it becomes available

Also - when it come to the checks deal, I'll step up. email me for more info.

Thanks,
TMS

John Desjardins
06-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted byJuro
Check ordering will only happen if someone volunteers to do it, and if so the paypal orders will be first filled by those in order (original thread) before opening the floor to check payments

Juro, Please check your email regarding this.

Chris
06-21-2002, 04:05 PM
My payment went in by Paypal, but it was before you made a link specifically for the hats. So don't overlook mine if I don't appear on the hat roster from Paypal. Send it to Ian at my address. BTW, it was for a khaki and olive.

juro
06-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Please check this summary of the previous hat ordering thread. If you are on this list and willing to use paypal, you will be first to order hats as indicated on this chart.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/hatlist.htm

craig
06-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Juro:

Put me down for a sand color. Let me know how to pay using pay pal. Will you be providing a link in order to make the payment?

fredaevans
06-22-2002, 01:14 AM
the cost of the hats. You'll just have to post to the Board how to use PayPal. To be 'blunt' my one and only card is attached to a 'sweep account," NO WAY in hel am I going to give that number out to an organization such as paypal or whomever.

In the world of banking, you maximimize your opportunities, while minimizing your risks.

Welcome to the Real World.
fe

MarkDoogue
06-22-2002, 02:24 AM
Show me a link and I'll pay my $$$.

Steelheader69
06-22-2002, 03:06 AM
Let me know the final cost for both hats and what account to make paypal payment to and I'll pay you ASAP.

Jerry

NrthFrk16
06-22-2002, 03:44 AM
With all these hats being produced now, does this know mean by hat will not become a collector's item???? :mad: ;)

kush
06-23-2002, 01:05 PM
Juro,

Just hang onto mine - I'll save you some shipping hassles - I'll be there in 8 days.

longrod
06-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Juro, would like a hat but would like to pay by check. I would rather not use PayPal.
I would like participate more on this board and in the group as a whole. When Check payments open up I will be glad to buy one.
Mark

juro
06-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Payment link is UP... For those on the prepay list.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/hatlist.htm

Orders will be processed as listed. If you are interested in the available hats, I will update the list in the order you replied.

If you don't want to use paypal, maybe you could solve the problem by volunteering to do the check collections. Paypal automatically builds a spreadsheet with all information in a table. I sincerely apologize but I do not have the time to deal with manually updating the spreadsheet or depositing individual checks and tracking addresses without an electronic trail to follow.

fredaevans
06-23-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm a 'banker.' Scarry sh.. I admit. I'd do the record keeping.

Contact me at Frederick_Evans@KeyBank.com

or office phone is 541 734 2714/cell 541 944 0404

Hoy Vey: forgot the obvious:
Fred Evans
KeyBank
2 East Main Street
Medford, OR 97501

Would be a "good thing" if you e mailed me and let me know you're going this route so I can set up a proper tracking file.

Fred

juro
06-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks Fred! I move that Fred's hat is free for volunteering.

So, just to be clear:

If you are on the list already, and want to pay by check, just send $20 per hat to Fred with mailing address and color choice (per the above). Reply here to let Fred and I know that you will pay by check so both Fred and I know to expect it.

If you are on the list and don't mind paypal, just click on the button.

If you are not on the list and want one of the available hats, just reply here first. When I add your name to the table and decrease the avail hats per color by one, it means I got your order. You will need to specify check or paypal when you reply, as well as choice of color.

(Craig I will get to yours in a minute).

Steelheader69
06-24-2002, 12:31 AM
Sent you $$ by paypal. :) Now give me my hats dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Dble Haul
06-24-2002, 10:57 AM
I'll be using Paypal, but I have to wait for a new password to be sent to me via snail mail. I forgot my password, and don't have access to my old e-mail that I previously used so that they could send it to me. It should be to me within a week.

Just didn't want you to think that I was hanging you out to dry. And this time I'll write the password down. :rolleyes:

Bill
06-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Juro,

I'll take a hat if available. First choice sand. Second choice Khaki. I'll pay by Paypal.

Thanks.

Slinger
07-02-2002, 01:16 AM
What the heck is this paypal? I can`t find it and don`t know how to use it. Now I have to send Fred a check in the morning.
Slinger

juro
07-02-2002, 05:41 AM
Hi Slinger -

Paypal is an online payment and order tracking system used by over 30,000,000 people on a daily basis on sites like eBay, an auction site you might have heard of. It's easy to sign up, just go to paypal.com

Just click on the button on the hatlist (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/hatlist.htm) to access Paypal.

To get money into it, you attach it to a checking account or a credit card. Once you have some funds in it you can send them anywhere on the web securely.

If you don't like paypal and seem unhappy with sending Fred a check as an alternative, then what are you suggesting we do to accept your payment?

fredaevans
07-02-2002, 08:06 AM
What's not to like about a 60 year old Banker???:devil:

For all you 'oldies' out there, remember the old Maverick show where the town banker was also the town crook? Best line of the whole series was: "If you can't trust your Banker, who can you trust?"

fe

Chris
07-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Juro,
I sent you a PM with the Paypal information relation to my hat payment.
Thanks

DFix
07-02-2002, 08:59 AM
A lot of people don't like methods such as Paypal, because of the potential breaches of security throughout the Internet. I don't trust it either, which isn't new news, so why hassle Steve or anybody else who doesn't want to use it? - because Paypal creates the spreadsheet and tracks who joins it...seems to me the preferred method convenience factor suits the few, and should not create a caste system whereby those who use Paypal get priority service.

John D and I volunteered to handle checks from this end; no reply. Fred volunteers, BINGO !!! I don't care, but it would have been courteous to reply one way or another.

Fred, check's in the mail. Yeah, old crooked bankers are my kind of guys.

See Ya Later - Bye.

Slinger
07-02-2002, 12:44 PM
Listen, I don`t want to be the bad guy again. I have no problem with either method of payment. I just couldn`t seem to find this paypal thing, so a check is in the mail to Fred as we speak. Button, button, can`t find the button.
Slinger

juro
07-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Dave -

We have different perspectives on who is enduring, and who is dispatching "hassle " in this case. From my perspective, it's a tremendous hassle to organize, design and convert the artwork into compatible format, commission the vendor, pay for in advnace and pick up the goods - never mind collect the money, fulfill the orders, etc. I take no shame in setting some guidelines to manage my "hassles".

I do recall a message whereby both you and John offered your participation in this effort. Fred "just did it", which works for me. There was no approval process as you imply, he went for it. Thanks to all three of you for the concern and will to contribute.

In all sincerity, I genuinely feel all hassles x10 are well worth it if the effort is appreciated. This is only one of many, many such initiatives I've taken on over the last few years. I know hassles, very well thank you. You have no idea how well; I honestly don't think you would have reacted the way if you knew. But that's neither here nor there, time to move on.

Thanks again to all!

Originally posted by DFix
A lot of people don't like methods such as Paypal, because of the potential breaches of security throughout the Internet. I don't trust it either, which isn't new news, so why hassle Steve or anybody else who doesn't want to use it? - because Paypal creates the spreadsheet and tracks who joins it...seems to me the preferred method convenience factor suits the few, and should not create a caste system whereby those who use Paypal get priority service.

John D and I volunteered to handle checks from this end; no reply. Fred volunteers, BINGO !!! I don't care, but it would have been courteous to reply one way or another.

Fred, check's in the mail. Yeah, old crooked bankers are my kind of guys.

See Ya Later - Bye.

sean
07-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Can I send my payment in via pack mule? May take a few months but it sure is safe:hehe: .

It is funny how internet payment has become the ATM's of the eighties. For some reason everyone is scared but there is no need for it.

-sean

fredaevans
07-02-2002, 04:09 PM
about whose got the "hassle" end of this thing. I'm acting as a facilitator for a few of us 'old foggies.' My time investment in all of this may work out to be one hour, including responding to e mails.

Suspect Juro's in a whole lot deeper than this :eyecrazy:

He's done a cool thing for all of us, so quite fluffing his tail feathers.:D

Fred

juro
07-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Not fluffed at all, I'm cool. I've got some other things going on right now that are draining by themselves putting all kinds of pressure on things.

I do have one question though... WHERE ARE THE BUYERS? ;)

Steelheader69
07-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey mannnnnnnnnnnn, I paid my freaking muney mannnnnnnnnnn. We don't need no freaking more buyers, eye's alreadies paid me muney. WHere's me hat???????

:hehe: :devil:

You mean more people haven't paid? Man, as soon as I got the link, paid asap. Had money set aside in my paypal account to pay you. I want my hat, gonna be hitting the summerruns hardcore in a bit, and if cameraman is ready, figured I'd get a pic of a fish in my new hat, if I get it. :smokin:

juro
07-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Yes, all those who have paid will get theirs shipped before others pay. If you look at the list, you will see that about half who said they wanted them didn't hit the button yet.

That has nothing to do with whether you get your hats mailed out or not.

I've been looking for boxes but since people would rather just get them, let me ask a question to those who have paid... is one of those mailing envelopes OK?

Steelheader69
07-04-2002, 09:18 PM
But those plastic mailers would be more then ok. Being in shipping industry, better that way, get handled different then in boxes.

fredaevans
07-05-2002, 02:23 PM
your address to ship you 'moola' from the "Cheque Guys."
Fred