Who are we? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Who are we?

juro
06-18-2002, 11:00 AM
We learn a little more about the answer every day. Not in the things we say, but in the things we do. Not in the things we preach, but in the examples we set. With each step into time, we establish more firmly who we are by the directions we take. The Big Brother Day was the most amazing day. I feel I took more away from it than any of the Big and Little brothers. Even though they may have had more discovery in the things they saw, it was a revelation to the heart and soul for me.

Who are we? We are brothers.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/bigbrothers/brothers.jpg

striblue
06-18-2002, 12:12 PM
Juro.. I could not agree more...nice words and fabulous Photo... You should make sure Heather and the orgainization know how to find the site... that picture would make a great promotional photo for their orgainization I would think.

fredaevans
06-18-2002, 01:31 PM
a 'east coast beach. I'd forgotten just how lovely they are; white sand, pale blue sky, etc. Lovely photo, and I think Strub's 100% on the mark.
fe

Heather
06-18-2002, 03:26 PM
The photos and messages you each have posted have been unbelievable. What a wonderful day.
I have been inundated with phone calls and emails from the Bigs who cannot say enough about what a fabulous time they had. Several have told me their Littles have already asked for gear for Christmas!
I appreciate all the time, energy, enthusiasm and patience you put into making the event such a success. In particular, I want to thank Juro for creating and planning such an outstanding event!
This day will not be forgotten. I already have 15 matches signed up for next year's trip!
Thank you again.
Heather
p.s. I do have some good shots but no group ones!

juro
06-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi Heather!

Our success was really largely due to your hard work organizing the bigger half of the equation. Thanks, and KUDOS!

It was really a pleasure to work with you through the whole process and we really did get a whole lot out of it ourselves although the idea was that we did it for the kids.

I'll be putting together a full Chronicle article on the event and will let you know when it's complete.

I think we have ourselves a winner, and I look forward to next year with great anticipation.

Juro

juro
06-20-2002, 11:16 AM
Hard work pays off for Glenn and Frankie

Nick
06-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Juro,
Great pictures. Really awesome stuff. I still have to get my film developed, so I can put up some pictures of my clan.

Nick

RayStachelek
06-22-2002, 11:21 PM
Man.... Juro what a picture!.... You out did yourself this time. That pic with Glenn and Frankie walking to the bowl is awesome.

Not only the quality of the photo, colors, etc. but that tells one kick butt story. Nothing missing in the composition. Not even one word.

That should be on a Hallmark Fathers Day card with one of your neat expressions inside.

Hey,....... that could be a fun raising idea not a fund raiser. That would touch a lot of families in places of the heart.

Heather
06-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Hello,
I just spoke with the mother of one of the Little's who attended and I feel compelled to share with you some of her comments:

Dan had a wonderful, wonderful time fishing. He really liked the special roast beef sandwich Mark made; but he also loved the fishing and the seals. I can't say enough good things...this is the best day I can remember him having a long time. He came home smiling and showed me his tackle box and jacket. Now he always wants to go fishing.. This is the best thing he could have done on Father's Day.

Again, thank you. It seems not being able to wait for next year is contagious!
Heather

Hawkeye
06-24-2002, 05:21 PM
:)

Papa-G
06-28-2002, 11:01 AM
This was probably one of my most memorable Father's Day and believe me I have had a few... Thanks to all who made this day what it was for the Brothers.