Chatham guide? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham guide?

craig
06-18-2002, 09:45 AM
Are there any guides with a boat available for the dates 6-27-02/6-28-02 to fish the Chatham area? There will be one fisherman and his girl friend going if I can find a guide.

striblue
06-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Craig..try Todd Murphy... his name on this forum is "wellhooked". Todd is great and knows where to go...plus he is on the forum here... there are others as well... check the "members" list. By the way where have you been? Also..where is Dave Pearson... how can I reach him.

juro
06-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Any of our sponsors are not only excellent guides but also well known to the community and referrals are based on the many great memories they have already given us.

Todd gave my clients and I a ride back from the flats this weekend, giving us extra time on the water (BTW - Rip Ryder goes to a 5pm return next week). On the way back, he needed to scope a couple of spots for the following day. They were crawling with big stripers! Not one to waste an opportunity, my clients got to experience a few bonus fish from the Hewes before calling it a day. What a guy! Thanks Todd. Reach Todd at 508 246-9998

Another Chatham local is our good friend Bruce Peters, pretty much the master of the outside rips. If you haven't seen the carnage that goes on when mother nature sweeps the tide currents over shoals on the "outside", it's something to see. Capeshores Charters 508 255-0911

Capt. Art Sawayer knows the inside scoop on a broad range of Cape hotspots on both sides of the Cape. In fact we met him first while he was chartering in such a spot that was producing when all else went cold. His boat is that "fishing machine" at the last Boneclave. Finfun Charters 508 930-6730

If you're not bound to Chatham, see if Capt. Gil Berke has an opening. His knowledge of the bayside flats will impress you, and I don't think I've ever seen so many big fish on the inside flats. Outermost Excursions 508 435-7147

Dave and Craig were once roomates so if he doesn't know where Dave is, we're in trouble :devil: Dave is a great guy to fish with, not running a boat yet as far as I know.

Hope this helps,
Juro