question [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: question

frank smith
06-18-2002, 12:33 AM
does anyone out there know the name of an olive-colored scud with a gun metal bead?
please help

06-18-2002, 07:27 AM
similar wall, either because someone gave me a fly (that works!) or I want to try something new. The two places I hit are flyfishing catalogs colour plates or an online 'discounter' such as Hills Discount Flys out of Yakima, Wa.

Hill's has a ton of flys and good colour pictures of each under pretty specific groupings. Not a bad guy to deal with at all.

06-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Hi Frank - I'm no help either, but wanted to think aloud along with the brain. The thought which came to mind is browse: (search)
the Umpqua website (if they have one)
et cetera - hope this lends something to the search.

(Edit - see Mark's post below) Thanks, Mark - it helps educate ME, TOO:eek:

Dble Haul
06-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Yes, Umpqua does have a website and it's fly archive is quite extensive. You should be able to find what you're looking for over there ( If not, you should find something very similar. Good luck! :)

06-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Why don't you just re-name it 'Gun Grease' for it's colors:devil: