CAUTION!!! only read this if you like to laugh at idiots! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CAUTION!!! only read this if you like to laugh at idiots!

tomd
06-17-2002, 04:07 PM
What a moron!!! took the boat out this AM spent 4 hrs + lookin for fish in the harbor... nada! then I'm heading back, see a nice lookin drop on the FF so I stp to cast a few times, nada, so I decide that's it and I'm heading in. cough, chug, cough, cough... argh... what's going on? can't start it, turning over fine. doh! he here I sat, feeling like Homer Simpson... what could it be, maybe something wirt the kill switch. nope. so after my chicken whith it's head cut off act for a couple minutes I settle down. ok Tom, use logic, you have power, check. you have gas, right... hmmmm, can't be gas... I've got that HUGE 60 GALLON TANK, RIGHT??? just to make sure I squeeze the bulb. huh? no way... can't be... WHAT AN AS@#$*%!!! so some nice guy comes along just then and tows me to the gas dock at Hewetts. where I thansk the guy and eat a double order of humble pie. as Bugs Bunny would say... "what a maroon" :eyecrazy: Tom D

striblue
06-17-2002, 04:22 PM
Atta Boy, Tom. The trials of the new boat owner.http://216.40.201.38/cwm/sfa3/mfight.gif

DFix
06-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Tom - thanx for that excellent piece of entertainment:hehe:

I just want to know if it's okay to laugh uncontrollably in the office and have one's associates ask 'what the hell is so funny..."

"...never mind, you wouldn't get it" - believe me, they wouldn't :whoa: (I'll laugh about that several more times, I'm sure :D - I think John's choice addition makes it better still ;) )

Adrian
06-17-2002, 04:44 PM
Tom

That's almost as good as me discovering that my 4 pc Loomis GLX had become a 3pc whilst walking back to the car a couple of weeks back. Yes, I managed to "lose" (rather than "break") the tip of my recently replaced rod (tip broken on Bahamas trip last April).

I figure - no way are Loomis going to let me get away with the $50 Xpediter service but bless 'em, they said just send it back anyway. :D The new rod turned up three days later.

Oh, how did I manage to lose the tip? Easy, for some unknown reason I decided to take the fly off and reel in all the line before making the walk back. "duhhh?" :rolleyes:

Good job there was no one around, the string of expletives I gave myself back at the causway doesn't bear repeating.

tomd
06-17-2002, 05:01 PM
:chuckle: when I found I couldn't start, I drifted right into a lobster pot line... how convenient, an anchor just when I needed one. :whoa: so I figured why untangle to just throw my anchor out... I'm just glad I pulled that bonehead stunt in a safe place. start of the incoming off wesagusett beach . I could have drifted in and swam ashore. then drive to a gas station if I had to. I'm glad I was able to entertain you folks. :chuckle: Tom D

Slinger
06-18-2002, 01:55 AM
Funny you should mention the kill switch. I never knew about it until I was all the way back to Rhoddy after being towed in off of Barnstable Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say that will never happen again. I never owned a boat before this year, lets just say the learning curve has been steep!
Slinger

DFix
06-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Slinger
Funny you should mention the kill switch. I never knew about it until I was all the way back to Rhoddy after being towed in off of Barnstable Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say that will never happen again. I never owned a boat before this year, lets just say the learning curve has been steep!
Slinger

(geez, where's Bugs Bunny when ya need him:rolleyes: :eek: )

steelheadmike
06-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Try being towed in by a Jet Ski after running out of gas. But I would know nothing about that.:rolleyes: