anyone up for a bit of fishing on the new toy Sat morning??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: anyone up for a bit of fishing on the new toy Sat morning???

tomd
06-14-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm planning on fishing the Hahbah early tomorrow morning, rain or shine(unless T-storms). let me know if you're interested. I will be launching in Weymouth and coming back around noonish,I think. I'll let you know exactly what time we'll return when I talk to my wife. I'll post when the slot is full. Tom D

Nick
06-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Tom,
How early?

tomd
06-14-2002, 04:25 PM
:hehe: don't wanna miss the rush!!! Tom D

Nick
06-14-2002, 04:29 PM
I think I'm gonna have to pass. Although 5 would be doable, I'm not sure:mad: Friend's birthday this evening...and night out in Boston is on the agenda:eyecrazy: . Oh well, look forward to meeting you Sunday.
Thanks for the offer.
Nick

Lefty
06-14-2002, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't go out with the current forcast. Easterlys 20-30 waves 5-8 feet. Yuk. Be careful.

Lefty

tomd
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
you're right Terry, it has gotten worse, no sense in doing something stupid! I would have stayed in the harbor, 1 to 2 ft doesn't scare me , but I'll wait till I've got my sea legs back. Tom

GregD
06-14-2002, 11:02 PM
You do have some other options if your'e open to trailering to the leeward areas or the narragansett offers great somewhat sheltered fishing opportunities. I have had some nice days on the water in the bay or fishing the leeward side when it was blowing. Colt State park area is supposedly holding fish as well as many other spots. Greenwich bay area is good early season area too.

RI ramp info is here...

http://www.state.ri.us/dem/programs/bnatres/fishwild/boatlnch.htm#salt

Your new toy looks great by the way, hope to see ya on the water soon. Too bad about the boneclave this year.

Good luck and Tight lines.
Greg.

tomd
06-14-2002, 11:28 PM
thanks for the info Greg

juro
06-15-2002, 07:02 AM
Tom -

Save a slot on the calendar for a bayside sortie' together. Last time out we fished for 3 hours minus running time and landed 20-30 fish all sight fished. If I wasn't with my co-workers on a weekday I would have loved to stay out there all day!

Hit it several times last year and it was even better than the above in terms of big fish, less numbers but who cares when you pick up 6 legals on the fly sight fishing.

People flock to Monomoy but there are many many more places to sight fish that get little pressure around the state. I am still anxious to apply sight fishing techiques to the bright waters and white sands of Hampton's inside shoals, Essex, Plum Island Sound in Ipswich, etc. Inside Wellfleet is pretty incredible around Sunken Meadows, etc.

Juro

Lefty
06-15-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by juro
Tom -

.. I am still anxious to apply sight fishing techiques to the bright waters and white sands of Hampton's inside shoals, Essex, Plum Island Sound in Ipswich, etc. Inside Wellfleet is pretty incredible around Sunken Meadows, etc.

Juro

Let's go! Of course that means a day missed on the Cape:razz: Can you stand it?

Lefty