Mentor Weekend plans [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mentor Weekend plans

Nick
06-14-2002, 09:31 AM
Weather doesn't look so hot for Saturday...so I'm not sure if its worth heading down until Sunday morning. Just trying to get an idea of consensus for weekend. Definitely gonna do the Early Bird stuff and maybe I'll even get the Worm Sunday morning.

Nick

striblue
06-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Nick, I will be down Saturday.. driving down tonight..Adrian will be at CAC. We will "attempt" an early Morning trip to the light house...you know depending on the weather.

Adrian
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM
Nick

Short of huricanes or electrical storms I think we'll be there. The great thing about wet, cold windy weather is the place will be a lot less crowded :D

This actually reminds me of summers back in the UK. In fact the weather over there is just like this right now - except that they would describe 61F in June as "warm":rolleyes:

Roop
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM
Good God man - get out there & catch some fish!! ;)

If not for yourself then at least for those of us who will be stuck shuttling kids around & attending weddings!

Try fishing into the weather - worked last weekend!

See you guys Sunday, I'll be the guy who looks "a little green around the gills"

Roop

Nick
06-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Fine, fine, I'll leave the dress at home so it doesn't affect my wading :mad:.** I'm just really enjoying sightfishing and this rain/clouds don't really lend themselves to it. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Grenades and electric shock should get the job done I guess :eyecrazy: . If that doesn't work there's always 350 grains and deep eel's.

**Women anglers please don't take the wrong way...just a saying.

Lefty
06-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Guys,

This thing that you are doing is very honorable. I regret not being able to participate. Deeds like these make a big difference in the world. Best of luck.

Lefty

FredA
06-14-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm planning on taking Roops advise and fish into the NE breeze on the bayside tommorow. But the outer bars in Chatham are inticeing - may join John and Adrian.

Quentin
06-14-2002, 02:48 PM
I'll be heading out sometime on Saturday but I'm not sure what time I'll get there. Will definitely do the early bird thing Sunday AM.

Q

Dble Haul
06-14-2002, 03:17 PM
I'd like to echo Lefty's sentiments. You guys deserve to have the best weekend possible. Good luck and don't forget to have some fun for yourselves as well.