Fishy Flicks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishy Flicks

jborkowski
06-14-2002, 06:57 AM
Was flipping through the channels last night and came upon Grumpy Old Men...one of my favorite "fishing" movies.

Can anyone else think of any great fishing flicks?

John Desjardins
06-14-2002, 08:07 AM
Might as well be the first one to list "A River Runs Through It" aka The Movie. The book is better than the movie IMHO.

striblue
06-14-2002, 08:53 AM
"The Old Man and The Sea".. with Spencer Tracy.. "JAWS"... "Hello Mrs. Brody, we haven't seen anything yet, just caught a couple stripers, be home soon, over and out!"

fredaevans
06-14-2002, 08:57 AM
than the movie. But they did use great trout rods, and the fishing scenes were excellent photography. But this was one where you'd have been better off not reading, before seeing. (IMHO).
FE

Sprocket
06-14-2002, 09:06 AM
the opening to the Andy Griffith Show - I still whistle & throw a rock (must splash) for good luck (FW only).

The Quiet Man: the scene where he's "fighting" a large salmon: "Keep his head up you fool!".

John Desjardins
06-14-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by fredaevans
But this was one where you'd have been better off not reading, before seeing. (IMHO).
FE

Fred, Aren't most movies that way.

Striblue I still have memories of sitting in the theater watching Jaws when the shark comes out of the hole in the boat.

fredaevans
06-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Good point about that one sceen in Jaws; even knowing it was coming my wife says I jumped 2 feet in the air out of the theater seat.

Get my monies worth every time I see that show.
:whoa:

Chris
06-15-2002, 09:01 AM
It wasn't high art but it was a lot of fun. "Gone Fishin'', Danny Glover and Joe Peschi.
"border line eleven"

RayStachelek
06-15-2002, 09:45 AM
It might not be a movie, but the Red Green Show on Public Access TV is the bomb. The boyz from Possum Lodge (somewhere in Canada) sure know their stuff when it comes to fish'in.

It aires around 11:00 pm Saturday night here in Rhode Island.

John Desjardins
06-15-2002, 01:27 PM
After watching the Red Green show you'll find a new respect for duct tape. :hehe: :hehe: