Excellent Summer Run Steelie Season Awaits Us [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Excellent Summer Run Steelie Season Awaits Us

NrthFrk16
06-14-2002, 01:03 AM
After a winter in which we had one of the most abundant returns of hatchery winter-runs we have seen in years (followed by a piss poor wild steelie return...especially on the OP), we are in store for an excellent summer-run season.

A few good freinds and myself have already experienced some excellent summer-run fishing (I had a black on white chromer to the beach the first week of May)...

Anyways, the limit has been upped on the Cowlitz to 3 adult steelies and is in the works for the NF Lewis. And it is only the middle of June!!!!! :whoa: :whoa: ...prime time is still weeks away!!!

Juro, you sure you cant make it out for a combo coho/summer steelie trip again this September...Puget Sound is expecting a hundred thousand more hatchery coho this summer/fall then last year's amazing return!!! :smokin:

juro
06-18-2002, 07:47 AM
Sparky... CUT IT OUT! :devil:

I am in enough of a stew as it is already! But maybe if I book early, stay over Sat, I could take one vacation day and fly at night...

Let's not rule it out but it wouldn't be more than a three day fling. That's plenty for Sekiu though... Hooknose Clave III?

Doublespey
06-18-2002, 10:48 AM
That Seiku offers the "Full Meal Deal". Even if only 3 days, I'll bet you could find a way to exercise all your PNW casting and fishing talents! :devil:

Three days is PLENTY (I hope)! :cool:

DS

NrthFrk16
06-18-2002, 03:33 PM
Okey dokey then....it is final!! Pick the days so I can be sure I get them off from work!!! :devil: ;)