Policy for plugging businesses on the FORUM [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Policy for plugging businesses on the FORUM

juro
06-12-2002, 04:26 PM
I propose a new rule for non-commercial members who "plug" a favorite business...

e.g.:
You should contact Fearless Frank's Flyfishing at fearlessfrank.com, or call (999) 555-1212, he's awesome!

The member must contact the business via email AND CC: advertising@flyfishingforum.com to ask them if they would consider sponsoring us. This way we are being more fair to those who DO sponsor us, and may also benefit from working with them too if they agree.

It wouldn't be fair to businesses who help keep our lights on if we just let everyone plug away. We should be appreciative of the support we get from our sponsors, and I think this will permit members to plug their favorite businesses, while showing some respect for our existing sponsors -and- possibly helping out the FORUM - all at once!

Thoughts?

fredaevans
06-12-2002, 05:33 PM
questions tho.

Before someone 'plugs' Joe at xyz, you want the e mails done first, correct?

Secondly, this is an important change (hell, the whole world runs on money .. or doesn't run at all) I assume you will have the ground rules posted on the home page for new folks reference.

Went to the Home Page and the section on 'sustaining memberships.' We have a 'click here' for a $25/50/100 donation; but (at least on this old clunky laptop) the web-connects appear non-functional.
fe

juro
06-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi Fred,

Thanks for responding. I was just thinking that it was a way to allow people to plug good friends in the biz, respect our existing advertisers, and potentially recruit more sponsors all at the same time.

I did not intend to create beaurocracy. Contact them when convenient, either before or after doesn't matter. Kind of like sending a thank you email after an interview, an offering to your church, a tip, etc. Purely on the honor system.

Once again, the objective is to be fair "all around" and keep this a great place to hang out and enjoy our flyfishing adventures with great people from around the globe.

Not a rule, bad choice of words. How about "custom", as in it's customary?

Sprocket
06-12-2002, 08:24 PM
I think it's a good idea Juro - have us help out directly with board support...cool.

the key, I think, is to make it as easy as possible for us to do - otherwise it might not get done as often as needed.

I usually try to say "plugging the sponsor..." but never thought about it when dropping a non-sponsor name.

FlyFishAR
06-12-2002, 08:33 PM
I dont have a problem bugging my buddies. Since this board is full of buddies...I sure dont have a problem plugging the Forum either.

John

jborkowski
06-13-2002, 07:03 AM
Juro,

Can you post the list of current sponsors?