A good night [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A good night

JimW
06-11-2002, 11:40 AM
My buddy at work comes over at the end of the day and says, what do you think? He's of course talking fishing. I've been occupied with projects around the house and various family responsibilities for a couple weeks = No Fishing :(. I really should finish the deck and do this and that etc... I decide to go fishing. It was the right choice. Rich, Chuck and I get the yaks in the water a little after 7pm, light SW wind=no bugs and a strong tide = a bunch of fish. We fished 'til ~ 9pm and had a blast. The fish ranged from feisty twinkies to ~29". I was amazed at how strong the fish were. We probably spooked 100's but all caught a ride or two in the yaks from some of the stronger fish. I lost one real nice one, ran back towards me. One put me into the backing on a tight drag, which is unusual when fishing from the yak, normally the boat moves before the reel spins. These fish were screaming. If anyone gets the fishing reports from the Baymen shop it's a much better read than this post. All I can tell you is he's not kidding, it's smokin' out there.

Tod D
06-13-2002, 02:46 PM
HEY JIM! WHAT!?! No call? Man - skip reading the board for a day and then hear about this!

Seriously, great stuff. Glad to hear that the long wand was working the other night.

Are you going out tonight? I'm debating it. Drop me a line and let me know if you're planning to be out & perhaps I'll try to cut out of work early and get the yak on the car.

Tod