P.I. Thurs Eve 5/10 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: P.I. Thurs Eve 5/10

Lefty
05-11-2001, 07:47 AM
My wife tells me last night "Gee nothing for supper, I gotta take the kids out, why don't you got fishing or something". I said, oh.....I'll think about it...zzzzziiinng- gone out the door.
Got to P.I. 2 hours before low. walk to river side near the parking lot and see a strange rip parralel to the shoreling about 30 yards out. I see a spinning teenager pick up a 20". Cool.
First cast in the salt for me- bang! 22", fat/ strong.
2nd cast-bigger fish-wow big run, snap- breaks the hook at the bend-sheesh
3rd cast- bang on again mid twenties fish, fat,strong. Then it dies, dead. They are coming through in pushes. Walked down to backside of flow coming off the sand bar as it came up. Pick up a high twenties brute!
Head out to the jetty. All weedy on beach side, nada inside. Back to the sand bar and first bend. I round the corner, it's a picket fence of spin guys. They're hookinh up too. Many bent rods. I find a spot and pick up anotherhalf half dozen, only one micro in the bunch. A great evening. These fish are aggresive and holding near the shoreline in the current. The spin crowd was behaving too. Good release by most fishermen. A few yahoos in boats were crowding the shore.

TerryW

juro
05-11-2001, 08:39 AM
MAN!!!! I got out of the office after dark due to some exec/report stuff due in the morning and thus was unable to get up there myself.

Sounds *fantastic* Terry!

striblue
05-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Lefty????. That's a new one. No more Terry. Anyway, hope to see you in Chatham soon.

striblue
05-11-2001, 08:52 AM
Oh Brother... I will never get use to using the Icons.. the face was suppose to be a smile and wink.

Lefty
05-11-2001, 09:07 AM
Any of yous guys whos had me fly-casting up in the bow of your boat can appreciate my Lefty handle. ;-) You know..the southpaw thing.

grego
05-11-2001, 10:54 AM
Terry,
I don't remember getting a phone call ??!!

Great Report!