Site Move Completed [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Site Move Completed

sean
06-04-2002, 08:18 PM
If you are reading this you are from the new server. Thank you for your patience and let me know if you run into any oddities on the new site. Everything looks good from my side of things but I could have missed something.

Thanks again,

-sean

Dble Haul
06-04-2002, 08:31 PM
There's no need to be thanking us, Sean. The thanks go to you and Juro. Thanks for making the site better. :)

Now go get some fishing in!

Tod D
06-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Ditto. Nice job Sean. It's those little things that get this site mentioned in FR&R...;)

NrthFrk16
06-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Excellent job Sean and Juro.

One thing though, the clock seems to be off as it set to display Pacific Time and it is displaying 1 hour later then it should.

sean
06-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Yeah just noticed that and I am working on it.

Sparkey congrats to being the one with the 40,000th post to the board. No prize though but maybe for the 50,000th we will put a little something together.

-sean

sean
06-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Timezone problem fixed. Keep em coming...

-sean

Dble Haul
06-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey Sean....

I just tried to edit a post in the Warmwater Archive (Dardevle Flatwing). I chose the option to switch the image currently in the post with a new one, but the current image stayed after saving the edit. To resolve this, I simply deleted the pic from the original post and put up a new one with the new pic that I was trying to switch to.

I had never tried that before, so I don't know if it's a bug that was always around or if its just now popped up. Anyway, thought you might like to know.

Thanks.

juro
06-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Sean is "top rod" around these waters! You are da' man dude.

Man, does it feel good to get that all squared away. Now on to a long list of other tasks that have been on hold. Some pretty big changes coming up...

Onward and upward!

Doc Duprey
06-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Sean and Juro,

Way to go, guys!

The site was awesome before...does that make it "more awesomer" now? Dunno, but the combination of first rate technology, excellent design and some super individuals willing to share their love of the sport makes this "THE" place to be. Many thanks! We all owe you a lot.

Best regards,

-Doc

Chris
06-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Nice Job Guys,
From my view the change was seamless.
The Forum has the best site design going- anywhere on the web. Simple and loaded with the kinds of little gems that make it easy to navigate with the most logical layout to that end.
PROPS!

Also,
I'm note the most astute when it comes to Web stuff. If however, there is anything I can do as you gear up for the new projects give me a shout.

:smokin:

FrenchCreek
06-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Saen & Juro,
Thank's for the extra hours & efforts, we all appreciate your dedication.

Jimmy
06-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Great Job Guys!!! Yooozz Guys is da best!:D

fredaevans
06-05-2002, 01:13 AM
New site working wonderfully early this evening on aol. Now, out of the blue, getting one "error in script" message after another. AOL is not the top of the line but any clue why 'good to go, to go to not good?'
fe

In perspective, Joan and I have been on aol so long we can use our 'real names.' "They" were lower case letters when we first signed on. :hehe:

sean
06-05-2002, 01:37 AM
Sorry just doing some javascript changes to the site. Please ignore and sorry for the nuisance.

-sean

striblue
06-05-2002, 07:41 AM
Thanks Sean and Juro.... We have come a long way in just this past year,

Nick
06-05-2002, 08:04 AM
If I get this correct, two guys on opposite coasts have pooled their resources to make the board even better! Man the internet never ceases to amaze me how it pulls the whole world together. Great job again guys! :D

Adrian
06-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Let me add my personal thanks too - great job guys!

Stone
06-05-2002, 09:36 AM
I am finishing my little homepage, and made sure to add a link here!

Probably won't do much, but wanted to let you know we like you enought to send folks your way! Great job!

Hawkeye
06-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Great work Sean and Juro. Thanks for all you have done. It is much apreciated!

Hawkeye
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
The banner add up top is only loading half way or I am getting an X.

sean
06-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Yeah I am upgrading our banner ad rotation script and am working out a few bugs. Think I have them solved now.

There was also a posting problem when trying to reply via netscape and I think I have that one licked as well.

-sean

fredaevans
06-05-2002, 05:30 PM
at this time. Gad, I wish I even had a clue on how you do this stuff.
:confused:
fe

Smcdermott
06-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Juro and Sean,

As I read through all the posts I started to realize that w/o this forum I probably would not have half the knowledge I have been able to acquire or any of the great new friends I have made. Really looking forward to being a part of the forum in the coming years.

Thanks again,
Sean M.