dog days of summer [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: dog days of summer

andre
06-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Ok, advance notice of what to do when the river temps are up and the steelies gots da bad case o lock jaw.

http://www.geocities.com/cyprioman/BFC/BFC.htm

check out the pic with the girl....yeah thats what I want my honey smelling like when she comes home.

Now I really want to give these things a try, but without question they should not be photographed

pmflyfisher
06-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Andre,

I hope your steelhead season resumes soon, one should not be so desparate as to revert to carp, but I can tell you I did catch a twenty some pounder while fishing for steelhead in Lake Michigan and they will get your arms in shape for the steelies for sure. They are a strong fish, just don't look at them to long.

:D :D

roballen
06-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Perception is a funny thing. Hell I don't even want to touch a carp. They may fight like hell and peel off backing like no other game fish but because of my perception, the product of years of stereotyping I want nothing to do with them. I know several lakes full of 15-30 lb carp that are always visible and close to the surface i am sure if they were any other fish it would be a world class fishery but in the end to me they are just carp. I guess thats my loss but oh well *L*

but hey if anyone ever wants to take the float tubes out and go after smallmouth from 8-15 inches i am all game for that..

andre
06-04-2002, 07:28 PM
rob,

The way I look at it when they get close the beach you pop the tippet, no fly is worth that..