Latest Fly Rod and Reel [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Latest Fly Rod and Reel

Chris
06-02-2002, 06:31 PM
I was perusing the new FRR this evening and one of the articles was on looking around the web for good flyfishing sites. One that was mentioned was this obscure site frequented by an obtuse bunch of snobs. Flyfishing Forum I think it was called.

All kidding aside, this may well bring a spike in eyeballs-which beats a spike in the eyeball. Behave yourselves now you never know who's lurking. :hehe:

BTW, Welcome to any new visitors.

pmflyfisher
06-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Fred,

We better clean up our posts and talk only purist fly fishing from here on out. You know none of that maggot or pink worm fly stuff any more.

Lets talk ephemerella, baetis, callibaetis, isonychia, pseudocleon, stenonema, etc....... I can do it I think:whoa: :whoa:

Hal

striblue
06-02-2002, 07:26 PM
All I can say is "good" ,"perfect", atleast we are getting the proper recognition....I love it.:D

fredaevans
06-02-2002, 08:06 PM
4 letter words (most of Hal's were close to eight, or more:hehe: ) we're to be "banned." God, I love the silliness; perhaps, just perhaps, we'll all be spared the .......

And to all, the JoanMeister, whose (I think now??) somewhere in France, she wishes you all the best. Must be great to do EXACTLY what you want and get paid well at the same time.:eek:
fe

Darn, Chris I forgot to ask you to post the web site. Love to see this one and 'agree' with the village idiot who put the info up.

juro
06-02-2002, 08:16 PM
It goes without saying that the people make this place what it is. If we gain even more great people than we have already, then the possibilities for more sharing of home waters, fish tales, knowledge, camaraderie and just plain good times on the water increase proportionately. The key is to maintain the essence of what flyfishing is - a favorite pastime among friends.

fredaevans
06-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Expounding would be ....
fe

Stone
06-03-2002, 10:32 AM
I saw that in FR&R also while I was going over my first read on the can...

Glad I found this place, and hopefully more will come by!