Cape this weekend June 1? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cape this weekend June 1?

Nick
05-31-2002, 03:29 PM
Anyone gonna be around? Thinking about packing the Yak and heading down Sat morning. Cell will be on...give me a buzz if you're around.

Nick

FredA
05-31-2002, 03:46 PM
I'll be doing the dawn to 8 or 9:00am patrol. Might be a little late but I'm going to throw a Buffy wannabe at a bayside creek tommorow on the high outgoing and probably go to Chatham Sunday am.

juro
05-31-2002, 10:13 PM
Take my advice - if weather permits yak out with the ebb to the outer bars on Brewster Flats. Work the outermost edge and find the best vantage point to stand and watch as hordes of big bass come up onto the flat with the flood, late morning / mid-day.

We went there for a team-building offsite activity with co-workers recently and what we saw boggled the mind. Everyone, including those who had never fished before in their lives, were able to enjoy a sight fishing experience that was exceptional.

Number of other boats doing what we were doing == exactly zero.

Contact me offline for specific details if you are going to do it.

FredA
06-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Overslept and wasn't thrilled with the tide (unless I had the time to do the yak gig). Worked east and out has the tide dropped from my bayside beach. Wind out of the wnw at about 15 - 20 and couldn't see bait. Got a brief hookup then drop which was unexpected. Kept moving east and out, fishing the channels. Got on top of a bar and looked back and, finally, life forms in the water. Threw the fly into the wind and nearly hit the fish on the head. Immediate hookup. Took several more up to about 34" before I got a bit casual and preoccupied with finding my butts which I apparently lost while fighting the larger fish. Basically I was just haveing fun watchin the show in front of me.

This morning is what I've been daydreaming about all winter.

striblue
06-01-2002, 12:19 PM
Fred...those are great fish!,,, I want to try the bay side someday since I just never get my act together to do that... Would love to head out with you since I would not know where to go... all I know about the bayside is Breakwater beach where I used to go with the kids years ago... In College I would go there and spearfish for Tautog in the holes that would form at deadlow... let me know ..I will be in Chatham next weekend and would make it a point to meet you at the appropriate hour...it's you call on the timing.