All Summerrun fly swap participants [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: All Summerrun fly swap participants

Steelheader69
05-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Was cleaning off my desk, and accidentally threw out all my papers with name/addresses/recipes. Had it with some ebay receipts and didn't double check all the papers (I know, you can all hit me). So, I need all of you to email me and give me your names/address so I can send out the flies. Once I get them all, will send out the flies. I only have one address, and that's because he actually sent me a flybox to send back to him, so left his paper in there. Sorry about the delay, so get me your addresses and I'll get them out in the mail.

Thanks Jerry

fredaevans
05-30-2002, 08:44 PM
:devil:

Fred Evans
5618 Cherry Lane
Medford, Or 97501

pmflyfisher
05-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Yeah now we know what really happened.

Jerry my address is in your email. Ypur PM file was full BTW.

Thanks again for coordinating the swap. Hope Fred did a tube fly I need some examples for model specimens to learn from.

Best

Hal

P.S. Just realized this was my 900 th post do I qualify for something other than cyber fly fisherman abuse ?:smokin: :smokin:

Steelheader69
05-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Actually, it's the truth. But I was able to go through garbage since I wrote original post and found most. I have all but Terry D's and wrke's addresses. Have the rest.

TerryD
05-30-2002, 10:42 PM
check your e-mail box for my mailing address. thanks for all your hard work on this task.

wrke
05-30-2002, 11:04 PM
check your email for mine as well. I've also included tying instructions.

fredaevans
05-30-2002, 11:06 PM
Well .... we all know where we fit into your life-style.:D

Never having done that before .... (and a pig can fly) lots of 'tlc' to you. Only have to do that once to learn an 'interesting lesson.' Calling folks and (at 60, even at 40, being honest) and 'munching the bullet.'
:smokin:

Steelheader69
05-30-2002, 11:22 PM
Don't make me hold your flies hostage. :)

I do alot of ebay auctions. I usually get letters and copies of my auction sent with money orders. I for some stupid reason put them with my fly swap papers (I put all the flies with tiers name into a plano box I have, guess I should put addresses with flies next time).

Won't do it again. Only my second swap, so still trying to get my ducks in a row. If by chance I sponsor another swap, I will be better organized.

fredaevans
05-31-2002, 12:17 AM
Forgive him "69" for he knows not whereof he speaks.:o

Actually, your really great for putting up with all the silliness for volunteering to be the point man. And twice??? Heart of steel!

:chuckle:

Steelheader69
06-01-2002, 02:45 AM
and will be mailed tomorrow. I will have pictures posted by tomorrow evening.

pmflyfisher
06-01-2002, 01:59 PM
Jerry, wow you are smoking now :smokin: :smokin:

Hal

fredaevans
06-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Love this fly swap stuff; we use so few patterns down on the Rogue that you get burned out tieing the same ones over, and over, and ....

Only a little over 100 of the buggers in the upper river, but time to load up a 7 or 8wt and fish some of the quiter water. With the way the "Damn Guys" are pouring water out it's going to limit the possibilities. But I'd rather chase a few Steelie's than several thouand Kings that really arn't interested. Just a 'little" difference in overall body weight.:hehe: Like 10 or 15 to one. :eyecrazy:
fe

pmflyfisher
06-06-2002, 07:47 AM
I hope mine arrive today, need some new fly ideas.

Fred only 100 summer runs in the upper river finding them must be like a Tora Bora terrorist cave hunt, low probability of success unless you really know the holding and running lies.

If the water flow is that great makes it even more difficult as they are on the move continually.

I think my strategy would be to determine when the dam flows are lessened causing it to drop them into to their holding lies and then hit it hard with your expert river knowledge. Also avoid the Hatchery Hole and the bubbas etc..... Keep an eye out for that lost rod and reel though I would be very careful about approaching them should you see it. Any responses to your newspaper ads yet, so much for all Oregonian friendliness their are people with poor character every where these days, police, clergy, politicians, business men, etc....

Such is the world we live in !

Good luck !

Hal

:mad: :tsk_tsk:

fredaevans
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
least another month. The high flows are designed to keep the river water temperatures down. Above 55'ish there's some kind of fish disease in the Middle Rogue that can devistate a salmon run. Doesn't seem to have an impact on the steelhead, but a few years back they lost half the spring king run to this stuff.

No calls on the rods yet; if you guys see "someone" (especially with a 541 area code) "advertising" a 15' Scott ARC 10 wt and a black Redington AL 13/14 let me know. I've been watching e bay and vfs but there have to be a ton of these sites around.
:mad:

Nate Bailey
06-07-2002, 05:48 AM
No way fred what happened, I thought you were just kidding, what happened , did someone take it from your car? you know there arnt many of us spey casters here in southern oregon If some uses it we will see it.......Nate

pmflyfisher
06-07-2002, 07:48 PM
They were here today when I arrived home from work. Thanks a lot every one, always good to see some new ideas from others.
Gives you new ideas for patterns and keeps those fly boxes stocked.

I brought a fly wallet of the speys and summer run streamer flies I tied over the winter into work today for some people to see. They were amazed and did not think I had any artistic creativity in me, you know only the business man.

I know of one other fly fisherman in our corporate HQ out of 2,000 people and he is a swiss trout fisherman. Now he wants to go fishing with me.

Thanks again Jerry for coordinating the swap.

Hal

wrke
06-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Flies arrived today. Good stuff. Following is a description of my fly:

Same Thing Murray:

Hook: several, but this is TMC 7989 low water
Tag: silver tinsel
Tail: red hackle fibers
Body: green floss over silver tinsel, followed by peacock herl
Underwing: lime green crystal flash
Wing: black squirrel or kid goat
Hackle: black
Head: red floss, followed by black ostrich herl, followed by black thread

I often use steelhead flies for Atlantic salmon and the reverse. This is an Atlantic
salmon fly I've used successfully for summer steelhead.

Bill

Crusty
06-11-2002, 06:37 PM
Got home last night from a two week Ling Cod trip at Deception Pass and the flys were waiting for me. Good job everyone!

Crusty