Epoxy/Polar fiber Silversides [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Epoxy/Polar fiber Silversides

striblue
05-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Here is a collection of silversides tied with three colors of polar fiber and epoxied heads..the one in the upper right is not epoxy but is a siliconed head. These look real in the water.

steelheadmike
05-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Very nice. Damn I need a digital camera!! I have some really nice Popovics Epoxy Sandeels I want to show. I'll bring a few flies for you to take some pictures of, if your offer to do so still stands?

Broadbill
05-29-2002, 11:46 AM
John -

That's a nice bowl of candy. What hook are you using there? Is that the Varivas you've been working with? Nice gap. Any experience with hookup ratios/location in the mouth yet? TIA.

Jay

striblue
05-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Yes ,those are the Verivas... I have not had a lot of time with them, but this weekend they were excellent.. a great hook up. barbs squashed. The gap is the key..they almost hooked up like circle hooks.. Two of the fish I took ,the hook went in the inner lip then out, then in again... no damage in removing it... This hook will increase the takes I think, but the real test comes later this season.

Bob Pink
05-29-2002, 06:08 PM
john,

also have to report good early results with the Varivas. nice penetration, easy removal... no drops this season that I can attribute to the hook. been using the 1/0 - 2/0 most of the time. haven't tried any patterns on the smaller sizes (yet! )

RayStachelek
05-29-2002, 10:29 PM
John & Bob -

I'll have to give them hooks a try! ;)

Bob Pink
05-30-2002, 06:48 AM
Ray, since I'm an amatuer I need every advantadge I can muster....!

saltydog
05-31-2002, 07:00 PM
BOB, sound like your done w/ your (home work) an your out PLAYING again.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN"
:smokin: