Mr. Evans!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mr. Evans!!!

NrthFrk16
05-28-2002, 02:45 PM
Happy Birthday!! Hope the next bunch are as great as the first... :)

...notice I didnt not include exact number?? :D

fredaevans
05-28-2002, 03:32 PM
if the JoanMeister were around to 'celebrate' with me .... but the call of the wild for her. In Belgium the past two days, I think they're off to Germany for a day then a week + running around in France. Trip ends in Barcelona, Spain.

Then I get her back for three weeks ..... till she heads out again for over two months. But in the middle of that I'll fly over and spend a week in Northern France (Normandy area) then another week in Northern Italy. Miss spelling here but if you've never been to the "Italian Rivera" aka Chinque Terre (sp?), Montorosa Del Mare, etc., you've missed one of the most beautiful places in the whole country. Several days there again then to Lake Como where she starts up with next tour group.

I may be living like a 'monk in a monistary' but at least I get in plenty of fishing time.:devil:

Forgot to add: And a very happy birthday to you!!! Combined, we're 81 today.:rolleyes:

Willie Gunn
05-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Happy birthdays,

Ryan really writes adult posts for a 11 year old :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Malcolm

Bob Munoz
05-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Happy B-day Gents,
That's 81 years on the planet and probably 78 combined years fishing!
All the best,
Bob

pmflyfisher
05-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Happy Birthday Ryan and Fred !

Fred will you be posting from Europe ? They have some trout fishing in Northern Italy you know.

fredaevans
05-28-2002, 08:27 PM
but Joan says the best of the best is in Bosnia. Hell of it is the particular place registered the first casulaty of the last 'ethnic cleansing.' A game warden of all things to a sniper. How stupid can these people be?

Don't respond to that question.

No rods, but the folks on the Chinq. have these 30' rods for dirt cheap that to own one is to say you have one. What the heck i'd do with it is problimatical (sorry 3 single malts here as I post; grupbie mood and Joan's only gone a couple of days... God I love that lady) but a rod that 'no one' else has.
:devil:
fe

pmflyfisher
05-28-2002, 10:48 PM
Fred,

Stay away from Bosnia no matter how good the trout fishing is, I have a good friend at work who spent 6 months there during the height of our occupation, he is an Army reserve intelligence officer.

Very crazy people over there, he never felt safe travelling through the country.

Actually I would forget the fishing while in Europe and just take in the history, scenery, and different life styles, etc...

Hal

fredaevans
05-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Joan has photo's of one city on the Bosnian coast she was in (really beatiful place) but all the 'new' red tile roofs marked the shell landings. The bigger the roof, the larger the 'mm' round that hit the home.

These 'people' have been trying to kill each other for a 1,000 years; what makes us think we can change that? Other than some one has to stand up and say ENOUGH!!! Maybe that's the roll the United States was created to complete. God moves in strange ways.

:confused:

NrthFrk16
05-29-2002, 01:23 AM
Fred-
The River Spey must not be more then a 'puddle jumper' away...sneak away for a day or two and chase after Atlantics.

Hell...Kola can not be more then a few hours away from France via jumbo jet...I am sure Joan wouldn't mind. Especially considering that you had to spend the big 60th all alone!!! :tsk_tsk: :devil:

pmflyfisher
05-29-2002, 06:29 AM
Fred,

Don't forget about Estonia, remember "Little Sparrow" thats a short plan ride from France. But with all the publicity we gave them they are probably now booked for this year.:chuckle: :chuckle:

My companies current world wide travel risk alert says Estonia is a low risk country to travel to.

Hal

fredaevans
05-29-2002, 08:24 AM
I leave Joan at Lake Como and then take a train to the 'city' (heck, can you believe I don't remember which one!) to catch the plane back to the US. Now once I get on that train ..... whose to know?

For those of you who've met Joan, we all know she would.:rolleyes:
fe