A kindly reminder [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A kindly reminder

RayStachelek
05-26-2002, 11:59 AM
With the weather and fishing improving, it doesn't take much to put a smile on a fly fisher's face.

http://castaflycharters.com/DaveFraioli1.jpg

This pic was taken Friday, May 24th. in mid Narragansett Bay. What's neat about this photo? Nothing has been done to alter the quality of the image. Great colors and sharpness. The smile tells it all.

The Fly Fishing Forum too, provides a quality service to all our cyber minded fishers. Where else can you get the know how, experience, and up to date fishing reports? Information that's accurate and timely directly from friends and pros.

Cast a Fly Charters has donated a Narragansett Bay trip to help offset some of the operating expanses of the Fly Fishing Forum. Stay tuned for details, Juro will have more to say.

Please help support the Forum in any way possible.

RandyJones
05-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Wow! Nice photo. It should be framed and hung in the den.

Congrats!!

Randy

Penguin
05-26-2002, 10:05 PM
Ray...
You're a real piece of work and one of the reasons this site is so enjoyable!
Thanks for sharing, caring, and giving so much...YOU DA' MAN!

JimW
05-27-2002, 08:35 AM
Wow! nice pic. I certainly appreciate your donation to the site. Your presence at forum events really adds to the fun. Your posts are entertaining and insightful. Looking forward to the next one. Now that I've gotten on your good side. Where did you get that fish? com'on we want co-ordinates :hehe:

RayStachelek
05-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Where did you get that fish? com'on we want co-ordinates

Jim,

I guess it's not really fair that I fail to mentioned where it was caught, so here goes? Actually the same place this fish was caught.
http://castaflycharters.com/JerryGalleshaw3.jpg
In real life they're actually business partners taken a fishing trip together. So I guess you can say is they co-ordinated together.

Does that answer your question?

ssully
05-27-2002, 09:40 PM
May 24th on what year?

Is that your younger brother? Or that's gotta be you a few sunrises and beers ago. :D

RayStachelek
05-28-2002, 09:05 AM
2002'

Sully - See the time on Jerry's wrist watch, 8:10 pm.

Juro had just called us on his cell phone Friday evening. Get the phone records, you should be able to triangulate the co-ordinates and know our position.

Both fish were caught off Poppasquash Point, Bristol RI on the top of a near full moon tide.
Dave's fish took a Pogy style Angel Hair with some pink. Jerry's fish inhaled a pink,lavender and yellow flatwing creation.

Hah! mystery solved. Why is this going to haunt me some how?

If anyone wants to find the exact location, than bid on the trip to support the FF Forum.

grego
05-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Ray,

Great Pics! Kind of reminds me of the weekend of May 12th 2001 !!!:D