Fly Fishing Forum banner

Whine, Whine, Whine!

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  FredA 
#1 · (Edited)
Things are awfully quite here.

Depending on who you listen to, looks like a front passin thru Friday night, just in time to throw a wet towel on the weekends fishing. Looks like a high off to the NW in Canada that'll give us a nice breeze out of the NE and east. Just ducky! Going to have to think about taking one of these mid week bluebird days off if this weather pattern persists.

But the tides are nice and if the winds are reasonable I'm gonna focus on the bayside. So what's everyone else doing?

Think positive.

#2 ·
...if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger...

Fred...'Waiting to hear from the Right Honourable Doc Duprey coming in from NJ to annoy fish...Probably find our way to the light house early and then catch the Rip-Rider to do the inside...
Like you said, "good tides"...but that weatherrr pattern has my attention! Go figure?!

#4 ·
If it makes you guys feel any better you should know that I met a few fishing pals as I was driving off of the causeway last weekend and they fished South Beach last Saturday (incredibly snotty with big winds and big surf) and they did pretty well.

You will never catch fish if you do not go fishing. Words of wisdom from a man that will be busy moving this weekend - so take my words with a grain of salt.

And I did not fish last Saturday either. I wimped out!

-Mike

#5 ·
Fred I know what you mean about the weather and all. Went out with my friend last weekend and he got a fish in that nasty weather.The skunk is on me so bad I can't come in the house its that bad. The season started off great then nada. When this happens I wonder why I don't trout fish more often. But I'm not going to give up I'll beat this saltwater fishing . Hope to see you on the water and maybe we can yak and pig out to make up for these slow days.
FishHawk

#6 ·
I'll be heading down Friday, should arrive around mid afternoon. I haven't worked out my furlough times to fish but keep the info on where you'll be and Ian and I will be around until Moday. Darryl and a friend of mine may be in at some point as well. I shoul be able to make the dawn fishing Saturday. See you on the water!!!

#7 ·
Fred,

The Tides look good up around the N. Shore, so I will be fishing closer to home over the Long Weekend.

I just as soon not do a lot of Traveling on a Holiday weekend anyways.

Let us know how you do. Is that Invite to hit your home waters still open, cause I'm really interested & think it would be fun?

#8 ·
Whine, whine, whine...perhaps a nice Cabernet?

Gentlemen,

If the folks at Weather.Com are to be believed, things don't look so bad, at least for Saturday. Don't know for certain, but it's good enough to face the drive from NJ. Besides, isn't this supposed to build character?

Seriously, I hope to get the chance to meet and fish with at least some of you, and begin to learn the ropes of fishing on the Cape. It has been said that a bad day of fishing beats a good day of working. I want to know what's a bad day of fishing?

Pete (Penguin), I PM'ed you last night, and will call this evening to confirm.

Best regards,

Doc

#9 ·
Grego -

50/50 I'll be stuck working around the house on Sat & Mon (prep for a big family shindig). I am trying to get my wife to be irresponsible like me and just head down the cape for the whole weekend :devil:

I am booked for a wade trip down the Cape on Sunday (weather permitting) but I might be shooting up to the North Shore for a morning sortie one of those two "housework" mornings if I do I will drop you and the Joppa gang a line.

Early morning lows, big minus tides... predawn at the mouth on Monday sounds like a winner.

#10 ·
Juro,

Since the low at the mouth will be pretty packed with people, I am thinking of going to a different mouth just for varitey. Hey a flushing estuary full of sandeels is a flushing estuary full of sandeels. Let me know the night before if you plan to come up. If I can squeeze it in I will.

Lefty

#13 ·
John and Pete, I think I'll join you guys for the light and the flood at South Beach. Not sure I'll make 4:00 am though. I'll have to bail at noon though.

Grego - How bout the 9th. Fish the bottom of the drop then the flood.

#15 ·
Terry/Juro:

I had a talk with JohnR last evening about the great Tides & Holiday on Monday & we're thinking about some alternate locations to avoid the Mayhem; the question is South or North?

BTW: the front beach was a Twinky-fest til dusk. At dark, when we expected to see some bigger fish, it Just Died. I think this may bode well for the Hampton/Rye crew?

#17 ·
Fred... I have to call it quite by noon as well... here is my plan... if you don't get there at 4 , look for me at the cut.. I will not start down south beach until I have fished the light house for about an hour...depending of course on the action... Then lets walk down south beach all the way to the Rip rider drop off and then Past to you know where... fish and then over to the bay side on the flood... then we get a ride back on the rip rider.. This way we don't wast time going back to the light house ,drive to the cause way, wait for the first shuttle ,which will probably be packed. We will have probably an extra hour and 1/2 fishing time by doing that. I will take a chance on ticketing at the light house. we can always get Ed to drop us off at the light... Any thoughts.

#18 ·
That seals it - I will take the yak. I was in two minds but it opens up lots more opportunities if things get crazy in certail locales.

I will try to hit the light at 04:00 too. I also plan to do a couple of hours this evening with the spey rod. Leaving shortly and expect to hit Chatham arround 6:00 or earlier depnding on traffic.....

#19 ·
John,
Sounds like a plan - as long as they don't tow. Based on reports guess we better bring wire, eh. I'll try to get there as early as possible. Actually, my wife's not coming down until tommorow so I could pull an all nighter. But I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open now so I guess I'd better get some sleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.