Brand new flyfishing website [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Brand new flyfishing website

extmtbiker
05-19-2002, 10:21 PM
hi everyone I just wanted to tell everyone about a brand new flyfishing website, its www.nwfishing.cjb.net:hehe:

fredaevans
05-19-2002, 11:04 PM
?
:confused:

extmtbiker
05-19-2002, 11:13 PM
What do u mean, u did not like it or does it need more. write back.

fredaevans
05-19-2002, 11:16 PM
get back to the new house plans. Made this a 'fav. site' on AOL; will tweek it throughly after the 'redhead' has stopped blowing in my ear. Gad, what a man will do ....... :devil:

Back at you later tonight/early tomorrow.
Fred

extmtbiker
05-19-2002, 11:19 PM
I still dont know what u mean. are you going to copy my website and change things or something else. I just want u to know that I am only 15 And those are things I have put together.
Geoff:D

FlyMan
05-19-2002, 11:20 PM
The pop-up advertising that appeared everytime I clicked on a new button was extremely annoying. I won't be going back to that site simply because of that.

extmtbiker
05-19-2002, 11:24 PM
I am sorry for any pop ups that pop up if you choose to go to my site but I will try.

Geoff

fredaevans
05-19-2002, 11:31 PM
Also locked up my computer (AOL) twice. Control, Alt, Dlt was only way I could reactive.:(

Anglefire may not be the best way to go?
fe

Sorry Son, missed your post mentioning your age. Not to worry about me 'tweeking' your site. Only time I'm allowed on the computer is with 'adult supervision.' 15 or 60 ... on the web and a 'significant female other' (read that the JoanMeister in my case) will monitor surfing "habits".:o

Good show on the format; just a few bugs to work out.
Fred

Steelheader69
05-20-2002, 12:49 AM
You'll definitely need to change servers. Everytime you switch pages you get 3-4 popups. Gets annoying quick. Not too bad, but needs to be a bit more personalized. Seems to be more a link page to somewhere else (aka the nwfishing link). There's so many big BB's out there, you should just talk more about yourself and your insights and techs used while fishing. Plus, I love the eyeball measurements on that "15 inch" trout. You must be about 7'8" or so. :D

Lefty
05-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by fredaevans
after I get back to the new house plans....
Fred

Could it be that I have a brother in arms who is designing a new structure instead of fishing? I'm adding a 2 story structure on to my house (a kitchen included) and find it to be a lot of work. I'm doing some of the design too. Yikes, a million considerations! You?

Lefty

striblue
05-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Great start and a great subject.... keep working at it.. You have a nice set up to build from.. Good luck.

Colotrout
05-20-2002, 04:03 PM
You're off to a great start! :D

fredaevans
05-20-2002, 06:50 PM
10 most 'stressfull things you can do/have happen in your life building a new home ranked in about number 4 or 5. Beginning to think 'they' underestimated.:rolleyes:

Only thing that's making this go rather soothly is I've been in mortgage lending for over 40 years and Joan's in about 30. So we've seen just about every mistake that can be made. Or so I thought.........

Starting with a fairly stock set of plans for a 2 story "Georgian Colonial" but needed to swap some rooms around, and other twiddlies on the first floor. Gave the mock-up drawings to the builder last week and were playing with them again Sunday morning. That was when Joan 'discovered' the button on the archt. program that allowed you to actually measure out what you had on paper.

Well first you discover that the outside wall doesn't close on one end (aka you can't get 3# of coffee into a 2# can); and the internal measurments don't work when you correct this little "bobo." Killed most of yesterday afternoon redesigning the lower level so all the 'coffee' would go back into the can. The revised floor plan drawings were actually better than the originals.

Cool thing about the Broderborn (sp?) program is will take the line drawings and turn them into a 3-D mock up so you can really see what you've done, insert furniture, etc. Builder loved them as he can really visualize what we're after in room layout, etc.

Off to the door company this morning .... had no idea we'd have to mortgage our first born male child! Keeerimeny! it's amazing how fast you can drop $2,500 - $3,000 just on a front door. Suggested heavy tarps to Joan ..... the look back was not pretty :eek: The Redhead just re-proved how little sence of humor a woman can have; salesman actually laughed. Part that makes this all the more interesting is Joan heads out on her first European trip this weekend and will be gone a month. Home three weeks then gone for about 2 months. Her involvement will be future yelling and screaming and looking at photo's on the web as we go along.

But the house sits way up off the street with an unobstructed view of half the Sysqu Mountains to the south to the Coastal range to the west. Even see about half of Medford. The extra good news is the builder is a fishing fanatic who hasn't done too well. One look at all my Spey Rods (9 I think now) and we've become fast friends.
fe