Caught a wild buck! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Caught a wild buck!

sinktip
05-19-2002, 06:24 PM
At 6 minutes to 6:00 am yesterday morning, after a 27 hour fight, I caught a 8 pound, 6 oz. wild buck. Owen Malloy Harman came into the world two weeks early but both he and mom are doing fine.

Due to his size, he will start swinging size 22 Griffith's gnats but should soon be up to 1/0 Scampis.

He and I will be spending quite a bit of time together in the coming weeks so you north sound anglers enjoy the re-opening of the rivers. I hope to start seeing you out there again come July.

st

NrthFrk16
05-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Congrats!! :) :)

juro
05-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Wow, congratulations to you and your wife! Another Harman in the world makes it that much better of a place. Glad your new steelheading protoge' and mother are well.

C O N G R A T S ! ! !

BTW - I'll drop you a line per biz matters, etc.

pmflyfisher
05-19-2002, 08:24 PM
Congratulations !!!!!

Steelheader69
05-19-2002, 09:38 PM
I hope you kept that wild one. But hopefully you didn'tt bonk him. :)

Congrats again. Hopefully you can stay home a few weeks with them. I know I did and loved it!!!

TerryD
05-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Great Job, enjoy every minute with that little buck, because he will grow-up so fast before your very eyes and before you know it he will be tying and fishing fly right next to you on the PNW streams.

Speaking from experience, I caught my first, a little wild hen, last Feb and mane what a ride.

Congrats again, have fun.

Bob Munoz
05-21-2002, 12:45 AM
Congrats ST,

You are in for the biggest and best "pull" of your life.

The most enjoyable fishing I've ever done has been with my kids -Nothing beats watching your kid rev up with a fish on!

All the best to you and your family,

Bob

rich_simms
05-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Congrats! Perhaps one day Derek & Owen will be swingin' flies together or else rowing for their old men.

NrthFrk16
05-21-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by rich_simms
Congrats! Perhaps one day Derek & Owen will be swingin' flies together or else rowing for their old men.

...and Derek will be throwing Egg Sucking Leaches while the 'Duggan Clan' will be swinging Spey flies and Scampis!! :hehe:

kush
05-21-2002, 04:16 PM
Congrats Duggan!

Maybe you and Dana can fish together for a while...

John Desjardins
05-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Congratulations, Time flys fast with little ones and before you know you will be out fishing with him.

KerryS
05-21-2002, 05:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

Hey John don't you mean "..............before you know he will be out fshing you" LOL

All kidding aside they do grow up fast and you will wonder if you had enough time with them.

Doublespey
05-21-2002, 06:06 PM
ST . . . that little buck is the one that landed you!! :D

And even tho it's C&R, it'll probably be a few years before your gills are back in the water! :devil:

All the same, the mom & son Healthy&Happy combo is hugh and Congrats are definitely in order!!

We'll keep the steelies entertained in your absence :)

DS