5-17 South Beach report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 5-17 South Beach report

Hawkeye
05-18-2002, 03:10 PM
I made the LONG walk and fished South Beach yesterday on both the ocean and flats sides. Fishing started around 10am and went until about 7pm. I didn't see or hook any fish on the surf side all day. The flats were just outstanding with many, many fish up to 35" brought to hand and countless smarter fish that turned their noses at my offerings. I saw two bass today that I guess had the light hit them just right but they were the most amazing shade of blue - hard to describe but it was like a halo effect. Sand eel patterns on the inside and a variety on the surf side.

striblue
05-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Yikes! nothing on the surf side? HHHHMMMM. I am glade you saw fish on the bay side. I will start my trek Friday morning around 4am... I will do both sides as well. See you soon.

craig
05-19-2002, 07:49 AM
Nice report. Wish I could have been with you. Work has been very busy, hope to get down there soon. Talk to you then.

FredA
05-19-2002, 08:38 AM
Checked out the tub this am (Sunday) from the light down about a mile then over to the surf. Pretty dead and the tide stage was not great (top with big surf outside). Probably check out the bayside this afternoon.