around 6/5 ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: around 6/5 ?

steelheadmike
05-15-2002, 08:28 AM
Will anyone be in the Chatham area on 6/5-6/8? Its understandable that its mid-week but hey... is there any better way than starting the weekend on a Wednesday????

Lefty
05-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Interestingly my wife has a conference on Cape and I might be tagging along. We'll see. I'll drop you a line as things progress.

Lefty

steelheadmike
05-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks Lefty!! I don't get the chance to get up there much so meeting up with "regulars" would really cut down on searching for them and help me learn a liitle more for my future trips.

striblue
05-15-2002, 11:43 AM
I will be down on friday and Saturday ..so I will be fishing probably Friday night... I would like to start at 3:30 or 4:00 AM on South beach.

Nick
05-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Don't let any of Lefty's Negative Chatham Vibes influence you :tsk_tsk: There are fish in Chatham!

Nick

steelheadmike
05-15-2002, 01:11 PM
I'm game for the early morning scene.If you give your e-mail I'll give you my Cell # to possibly coordinate meeting up. I have one question though? Unless you are in a boat ( is that your Maverick in the background? ) how do you get to Southbeach without the Taxi?

Nick
05-15-2002, 03:02 PM
Your standing on the answer to the question. Or sitting on I guess!!:hehe:

steelheadmike
05-15-2002, 03:14 PM
I got the drift. Silly question..... Silly answer. Hey I don't know! you guys up there may know of a secret tunnel or something. I'm only a lowly New Yorker who doesn't get up there much. Maybe I'll take my tin can up.

striblue
05-15-2002, 03:19 PM
That's Todd Murphy's boat behind me... here is what we do... we leave from the light house and fish there and all the way down south beach. to the south tip.. when we have caught as many fish as we can and are sick of catching fish we will take the Riprider Shuttle back by just going to the pickup point and will not have to walk all the way back to the light house. I will have arranged that with Keith Lincoln.

juro
05-15-2002, 04:41 PM
I'm out for that time period... but with morning tides pulling away the outer south beach near the lighthouse might be the ticket, or if you have the boat shoot out from Barnstable Harbor out to Sandy Neck, or Sesuit out to Brewster Flats for the mid-day flood. Noon lows on the south side, you might consider Rip Ryder to south beach through the dropping tide, if there are fish in the 'tub' they'll be coralled into basins as the water gets skinny and come roaring out of them with a vengeance when the water starts to rise before you need to meet Rip Ryder for the ride home. The sight fishing on the afternoon flood can be awesome on the flat right next to the rendezvous as Lefty already knows. Email me if you want some add'l ideas like a place where you will find humongous slammer blues looking for big squid flies south and west of Chatham.

FredA
05-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Gotta go to a wedding that Saturday so I'm thinking I might be able to rationalize burning a vacation day Friday the 7th.

Lefty
05-15-2002, 08:32 PM
That's it, where's my Nick voodoo doll. Awww look his little rod just broke....:chuckle:

steelheadmike
05-16-2002, 08:25 AM
Big blues on squid eh?? Naa who wants to tussle with 8-15lbs of razor sharp teeth?? I DO I DO !!!!! I don't have your e-mail but I really would like to know more about where and when I could get into some of them. The more I can learn the better. Since I live in NY and fish 85% of the time in CT, 10% in RI and the other 5% everywhere else your secrets or suggestions will certainly be safe with me.

jimS
05-16-2002, 07:27 PM
South Beach et infinitum

After reading the posts regarding Chatham, South Beach, Monomoy, Nauset, etc., I'm intrigued by the fishery on the outside that I have not experienced as much as the bay side.

As a result, would I be presumptuous to ask if I could join you in your trek down South Beach on 6/8? I've fished Chatham with some success, walked South Beach a couple of times without success.

This is my third year in fishing the cape, but again it has been primarily on the bay side, a fishery that I'm still learning, e.g. Brewster Flats, Barnstable, Sandy Hook, Scorton, Sandwich Harbor, etc.

Jeff Roop showed me some excellent spots on the south side last year, but alas, there is so much to learn about the fishery you have on the cape.

I'll be there at least from 6/1 thru 6/15.

Thanks for your consideration.

Parato's Theory: 80% of the fish are caught by 20% of the anglers.

striblue
05-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Jim..the more the merrier.. looking forward to it.

steelheadmike
05-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Looking forward to meeting all who can make it.