When do the stripers arrive? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: When do the stripers arrive?

Craig
04-19-2001, 04:37 PM
Hey Guys, When do the fish show up? Has anybody seen any action yet?

Hawkeye
04-19-2001, 05:03 PM
I've tried the Plymouth power plant a couple of times for holdovers and got nothing but balls of lobster trap rope for my trouble. I think my first fishy day last year was at the power plant on April 29th. I landed a ton of twinkies that day.

Craig
04-19-2001, 06:07 PM
Hey Gregg:

I'm thinking of putting the canoe in the bass river and trying for some schoolies. I heard you can have a lot of action on gurgglers and top water flies. Are you ready for more canoe trip this year?

Lots of backing,
Craig

ron
04-20-2001, 04:25 AM
They'll get here as soon as they finish doing what they do in the spawning grounds. From what I gather from another site the spawn still hasn't happened- so look for closer to Me
morial day. ron
PS We just came off the first normal winter in about 5 yrs or so.

Hawkeye
04-23-2001, 09:11 PM
Craig,

Oh Yeah! Count me in. Heck, even if we don't catch fish it is still fun with the white knuckle wave rides, finicky motor, and "foggy" navigation. :) Are you gonna be doing the spring clave? The Bass was hot that time last year.

If the current scheeming my brother and I are involved in works out we may have a less "adventurous" ride to seek the stripped ones in and you will always have a seat and a casting station.