South Cape [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Cape

Jim O
04-19-2001, 04:39 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while - way to much work -but I'm thinking of heading to South Cape this Sunday AM -any takers?
Jim O

juro
04-19-2001, 05:27 PM
Hi JimO! A "possibly" from me... although I am not certain if I will even be fishing this weekend the way it's going. I am still trying to get the lowdown on a family get-together which may happen on Saturday night. If that happens no SWFF for me. Worse comes to worse I will be floating around in the warm rain on Walden for trout or something just to get out on Sunday morning. I'll keep you posted though - have you heard of any fresh arrivals down in that neck of the woods?

Jim O
04-19-2001, 08:08 PM
Not much going on so far , last sunday I hit South Cape for sunrise and had the place to myself literaly, no bait , no fish ,no birds, no fishermen of any kind . I hit loop , oregon and wianno with nada to show for it, made the same rounds around 7 in the evening and the same except for a lot of gulls working something off of the flats between oregon and loop beaches . As to around mattapoisett , I finally had something swirl after a big slab fly tonight at the mouth of the river and that was it . Friday I'm Heading to west island in the evening and Gooseberry Island for the morning tides , I'll keep you posted .
Jim O