Almost a done deal... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Almost a done deal...

juro
05-08-2002, 08:58 PM
I have some flights arranged, although they are really pretty poor. I will have to clear the previous day off with the boss, and it's pretty much all flight time from Boston to Seattle via Houston (?)

Sunday's departure was limited to a nooner from Seattle, leaving no time before or after for any fishing. I almost don't want to burden Doublespey or Sean with such a short roadtrip.

I assume a full day on Saturday will be worth it though?

Jeff - I can see about bringing out the Bronco.

sean
05-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Will be out of town for 5 days the following week and it does not look like I can swing the clave. Wish I could but it does not look possible.

Really wanted to go....

-sean

NrthFrk16
05-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Juro-
Glad to hear you can make it out!!!...wish I could tag along!! :(

roballen
05-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Juro why not fly into Portland?????

Doublespey
05-09-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey Juro,

One day works fine for me! Leave's me a weekend afternoon to cut the grass! ;)

hasta,

DS

fredaevans
05-09-2002, 11:57 AM
From Portland the Clave is a 30'ish minute drive ..... from Seattle it's a 3+++ hour drive.:eek:
fe

lastcaststeve
05-09-2002, 01:11 PM
Dear Juro,

With your spey experience I'm sure one day will be plenty for you. I agree with Rob and the rest regarding flying into PDX. I'm already picking one canuckian buddy up at PDX, and would be happy to grab you as well if it works into your plans. Even if you prefer your seattle buds pick you up, it would probably be a lot easier to get to the airport on time sunday. In any event, the invitation is open, and it's good to see that you're going to make it.

Best Regards,

Steve

JDJones
05-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Jim Jones is on my computer, but canuckian buddy?

We Candians always use a 'capital "C." We're a small but mighty group.
fe :hehe:

PS: He's chasing our Rogue Springers for a week.:devil:

juro
05-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks all - looking forward to it, I only need to appropriate the time off on Friday and I'm good to go.

I tried PDX but couldn't get a flight within my price range, unfortunately. Might still try other airlines...