Chatham-5/4 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham-5/4

striblue
05-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Fished the Bridge Street inlet and picked up some fiesty Schoolies on the mid to late incoming... Other guys there ,mostly spinners,. Went to the light house ,and hardings beach but the wind was honking so I opted for Bridge street again. Bumped into a Chatham pal. Kermit Norris ,even though he is avid striper guy, opted to fish the local ponds and did well on Rainbows and a couple brownies..Pete, called me around 6 and told asked if I was planning on joining him, Roopster and FredA on a yak scouting mission on Sunday,,, Could not, had to be home on Sunday. I will be down all next weekend ..and I need to finish my painting job.. but will hit the inside of South beach up to the Riprider drop off. Will head over to Pete's and fish Yarmouth as well next saturday.

juro
05-05-2002, 09:54 AM
The big question....

shorts or waders? :devil:

I'm hoping I get to have a Mother's Day Cape Cod weekend too.

striblue
05-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Waders.... but please don't tell anyone.

Penguin
05-05-2002, 02:36 PM
The Pleasant Bay recon mission, while enlightening, did not give up the fish we had hoped for...FredA was the BIG WINNER with one in the low twenties (...inches, that is).
The wind was up and the water was chilly but Roops' pal, Jeff P, waded the day a la natural...no sissy waders for that hard core intrepid (and by mid-day) chilled to the bone flats stalker! Striblue, take notice...he's out for the "iron man" trophy and by all accounts...he's a contender!
Jeff Roop may have more to say on the days activities later...
Just a bit early but great potential!
Location/location/location

FredA
05-06-2002, 06:38 AM
While we didn't cover as much water as planned it was a good workout for me and a little bump up the yak learning curve. The forecast for 5 to 10 mph sw's seems to have been optimistic. As for THE FISH, a nice rip formed before our eyes and a few casts later my first tap of the season and then Moby Twinkie. Sure is fun getting the only fish, such as it was, when fishing with fish magnets like Roop and Pete. Great to meet Jeff P. Like meeting Iron Man twenty years ago when he would have wet waded in early May.

Roop
05-06-2002, 07:23 AM
Sorry for casting the cloud of skunk upon us with my optimistic prediction.

Great day with Fred, the Penguin & Ironman Jr..

Congrats to Fred for the only fish - well deserved!!

Bill
05-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Ditto Roop and the Penguin. Lots of recon on Sunday am but no fish. Was out from about 6 - 9:30 first Nauset and then Chatham Light. Did see one taken on bait off Nauset. Still a great day.

Roop
05-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Just read Randy's report - the administrators should send this thread onto the garbage heap where it belongs. Wrong place - right time.

Hopefully the recon will pay off in the long run.