Bass River 5/4 AM [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bass River 5/4 AM

FredA
05-04-2002, 06:50 AM
High incoming. Fished for about an hour. Nothing. Weed on every cast, the wind hasn't completely laid down. Suspect as things warm up during the day it'll improve. Now breakfast, scrape and paint paint and scrape.....

juro
05-04-2002, 07:04 AM
Was the wind 13-15 west as the prediction states? Maybe Stage would have been out of the wind and holding early arrivals... wish I was there in any case, not too many more work weekends for me.

FredA
05-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Actually it was still out of the northwest - supposed to turn southwest I think. I was fishin across Stage island. In reality I was trying to work through all the dumb a$$ stuff i do this time of year rather than fishing.

juro
05-04-2002, 09:22 AM
I know what you mean! At least your stuff is down on the Cape, my stuff has got me at home, running to Home Depot, or into the office.

Oh well, just as soon do it this weekend, better now than next weekend, the one after, or the one after that, or.... :devil:

Just dyin' to get my next ride on the Rip Ryder! :smokin:

Penguin
05-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Fred...Juro...Howdy folks!...could'a used your company this morning...
I spent a few hours at the Bass casting into 15+ wind outa' the west (in my face) on the mid-outgoing tide and came up empty...
On the way back to Area 61, I stopped to fish a familiar pool and got fish smell all over everything! A few mice...some twinkies...a few mid-20's and a pesky 30"er (w/sea-lice...) Almost caused a pile-up with "rubber neckers"...
Let's go fishing!