Anybody notice the cherry blossoms? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anybody notice the cherry blossoms?

juro
05-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Just like clockwork, they bloom just about when the stripers arrive :)

Don't be fooled by the apple, dogwood, flowering plum - gotta be cherry!

Adrian
05-02-2002, 04:32 AM
They have been in glorious full bloom down here for a few weeks already and the Stripers have been giving the Joizey and Hudson crowds sore arms.

Roop
05-02-2002, 07:05 AM
That's what I was calling your cell # about yesterday, after being locked in my office for the last 72+ hours I walked outside to a praking lot lined with beautiful blossoms!!

juro
05-02-2002, 07:10 AM
Might be on for the weekend to scout out a few locales, a couple of contingencies in the way but will call you later today dude.

striblue
05-02-2002, 08:52 AM
I will be in Chatham Friday Night and all day Saturday...but need to finish painting...but will do a south beach walk and fish some of the estuaries for a break or two, or three or four.... I need to get the painting done...decisions.

FrenchCreek
05-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I am renamimg my "MayDay" tree to "Sometime In July Maybe" tree!
Fished the river today, temp about 65 degreesF.
Forecast is for 2 to 3 inches of snow tonite and temp at about 30 degreesF lasting for 3 to 5 days!
SEND ME SOME CHERRY BLOSSOM WEATHER!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

John Desjardins
05-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Cherry trees in blossom arggh. It has to be a fruit tree I don't have in the yard.

steelheadmike
05-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Adrian,

Have you been out on the Hudson in the Yak lately? If so where have you been going? I know the worm dunkers and meat chunkers have hoisted a few respectable fish out lately but I have not heard of any on the fly or plugs. I went last night in the thunder and lightening from " hidden beach " with my cricket stick for an hour or so. Saw one huge carp porpose and alot of small bait around. I think it was spearing not sure though.