One Last Day... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: One Last Day...

NrthFrk16
04-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Who is going to be there??!?

Took it easy today and headed down to the beach for some sea-run fishing but left everything but my 24' sinktips at home. DOAH!!

Oh well, Ill be up there early tomorrow!!!

Good luck!

sean
04-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Sink tips for sea run fishing? Why wold you use those? All you need is an intermediate and floater my man.

I am down with winter fish. It is my trout time until Jue and then back to summer runs and then the real fun begins in July when the coho start coming home.

-sean

NrthFrk16
04-29-2002, 07:51 PM
Ooooops...please see above edit!!! :eyecrazy:

sean
04-29-2002, 07:55 PM
Oh you had me scared for a second. I am sure you shoulder will thank you for that edit as well.

Good luck tomorrow.

-sean

NrthFrk16
04-30-2002, 10:38 PM
...and there were people crawling everywhere!!!!!! :mad: First run I walked into, thought there was only one rig but when I walked the steep trail to the river, someone managed to make their way down. 3 bankies plus 2 driftboats.

Went down and fished a small slot on the main Skagit. Nothing...

Went back upriver as I planned to fish the run above Upper Government and then the backside of the run below Upper Government. People everywhere...half dozen rigs within a hundred yards.

Went to another run of the HWY...two rigs there.

Decided to call it a day and see if I could spot any early summer-runs sitting in Fortson. The North Fork had limited visibilty as the spring runoff has started in the drainage.

Doublespey
05-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like tough duty - I almost took the day off but sensed that crowds might descend.:rolleyes:

KerryS
05-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Ryan,

You must have been there early.

I went to the Sauk after work yesterday. I saw one drift boat and 3 fishermen from Darrington to Gov. bridge. Fished 2 runs above native hole. Nothing. Another steelhead season on the Skagit/Sauk done.

I hope they give us some more rivers next year. This was a frustrating year. Everyone trying to find a spot to fish on the Skagit/Sauk.

See you on the Stilly in a month.

rich_simms
05-01-2002, 07:06 PM
It's been tough love with the pressure, decided to relax and fish Nunnley the last day. Glad I did, plucked some big cousins on dry flies:smokin:

rimmy
05-02-2002, 10:10 PM
RYAN
I want to thank you for beeing a speaker at your T/U meeting last month.I camp the last week at the sauk and the crowed was ok .hey there was some in every hole they move along ok.But the boats with lead and worms was hard to deal with.Even tho i only got into 2 fish for the week the sunshine every day it was great