Wing burner? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wing burner?

04-29-2002, 06:25 PM

I'm a relative new comer to tying steelhead flies (any flies for that matter), hence this question-

What is meant by "using a wing burner"? Is there a tool for "burning" wings and things, and if so, what is its primary function and why?


04-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Watersprite, Basically a pair of tweeser shaped in the form of whatever wing you want, mayfly, caddis, ect. You can take a larger feather, hold it in the burner and singe of the excess with a lighter. For a descriptive picture look here:

04-30-2002, 12:11 PM
Now I got it! Hey thanks.