Sick as a dog!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sick as a dog!!

MarkDoogue
03-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Gentlemen,

I am the unlucky recipient of an incredibly nasty cold which I imagine I acquired on my airline trip back from Virginia last Sunday. My head weighs about 1000 lbs., my voice is shot, and I have an ungodly fever. To top it all off, I'm due to leave for Augusta (yes, work is sending me to The Masters) on Tuesday morning. I hate to say it but rest and relaxation seem to be the order of the weekend.

Juro, I'll forward a check to you for my admission, my friend Greg Robbins' admission, and a $50 Forum membership. Just email me the appropriate address and I'll get on it right away. Sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

~Mark Doogue

striblue
03-30-2001, 07:50 PM
Whooo! Work is getting to the Masters... you just had to add that... lucky man. I have an invite to play there next fall.. long time away but the course is closed during the summer.. Hope you have a great time... that should be a treat.

MarkDoogue
03-30-2001, 08:21 PM
Striblue, if you need a fourth next fall............I can probably get there with about 7 hours notice!!!!!

Hell, if you need a caddy for your round I can make the trip.

juro
03-30-2001, 09:02 PM
Mark -

Sorry to hear about your illness, hope you recover in time for your trip to the Masters. No inconvenience involved, hope you feel better and Greg is of course still welcome as you know.

I'll get a forum hat to your brother so he can get it to you before you leave - Tiger might wear his nike hat, others ping but you'll be the only one brandishing the forum colors on the green http://www.flyfishingforum.com/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

striblue
03-30-2001, 09:18 PM
It's some guy trying to sell our COmpany something.. so I'm the hanger on... But I was already thinking of having some of the Forum memebers as my guest at Winchester C.C.. Winchester is in the top ten in the state. I will also have access a bunch of tickets to the senior Open this Fall at Salem... that really interests me since they are the players of my youth. I will try to pass those around since I will not make the whole of the practice rounds or the tourney. Whooo! I forgot for a momment that this is a Flyfishing board... but the Golf swing is the same as the flycast... no power... all tempo and timming.

Adrian
03-30-2001, 09:31 PM
Enough, enough of the golf already!!

My name is Adrian and I am a Golf Adict...this seasons therapy - at least one week-end a month flyfishing the salt!

MarkDoogue
03-30-2001, 09:37 PM
Two of my suppliers, Samuel Adams and Miller Brewing Co., are co-sponsors of the Senior Open. I'll definitely be there and may be able to spread the wealth as well. At the very least we should hook up while we are there. I'll be sure and wear my Forum hat when I go.

~Mark

striblue
03-30-2001, 10:23 PM
Sounds good to me... we should talk about this a it gets closer.

doogue
03-31-2001, 09:01 AM
Bro,

I hope that you get better soon. When I talked to you last night you sounded like you were in rough shape. I am glad that you made the wise decision to rest up for Augusta.

As for me, I will be sure to download anything interesting that I learn today to your own healthy brain.

See you soon And I'll see the rest of you even sooner.

-Mike

doogue
03-31-2001, 09:02 AM
(Had a server error, I will try to post again...)

Bro,

I hope that you get better soon. When I talked to you last night you sounded like you were in rough shape. I am glad that you made the wise decision to rest up for Augusta.

As for me, I will be sure to download anything interesting that I learn today to your own healthy brain.

See you soon And I'll see the rest of you even sooner.

-Mike

DFix
04-02-2001, 01:22 PM
As a formerly decent player, the idea of playing Winchester, where I've played in HS against Winchester, is appealing. I'm not sure I remember what the game is about and, when asked what my handicap is, I respond "my game..."

Obviously I'm interested.

striblue
04-02-2001, 02:17 PM
Dfix..The course has been redone to put it back to it's original Ross condition and I can get another member so I could bring 6 die hards out for an afternoon.. I will look into and post for interest once I find a date... a date that does not interfere with fishing... but maybe some weekday in the summer or even spring. When I used to play Eastward Ho! C.C. in Chatham I would stuff a small spining rod in my bag since several holes run by some of the most enticing shoreline of Pleasant bay... but my timing was off and never saw fish.