Thanks Hawkeye! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks Hawkeye!

juro
04-28-2002, 01:45 AM
That super-quality jungle cock cape from Ron Taylor of http://fishermensfeathers.com you might have seen on display at the show is being awarded to Gregg Estey (Hawkeye) for his dedication and service beyond the call this spring. Gregg coordinated the MSBA Flyfishing Forum booth, helped Roop and I build the display booth, ran a fly swap and is going to participate in the Father's Day Big Brother event to cite a few ways he gives to our community.

As soon as I locate where I packed it away after the last Fly Show, it's got your name on it, buddy.

Please join me in thanking Gregg!

Adrian
04-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Way to go Gregg!

Thanks - lets go fishing!!!!!

Dble Haul
04-28-2002, 08:24 AM
Gregg- Your efforts to the forum are appreciated. Thanks, and I look forward to getting on the water with you. :)

Quentin
04-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Thank you Gregg for being so generous with your time, talent and knowledge!

Q

striblue
04-28-2002, 08:49 AM
Ditto, from me also.. thanks Gregg. Juro, I will also include a custom made Zukatron Pocacs Pocket Fishing Pal.

craig
04-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Thanks Gregg for being the person you are, good luck this season!

Eddie
04-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Thanks Gregg, and thanks to everyone for making the FFF work.

Hawkeye
04-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys, but STOP IT! If I blush any more my face will burn off! I really havn't done that much and what I have done is just a small downpayment on what I have taken, or rather been given, through my association with this group. I'll never be able to pay it all off but it will be a labor of love to make the attempt.

I'll ditto Eddie's last comment - Thanks to all for making the FFF work.

Roop
04-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Nice job Greg, well deserved.

This community needs more people to step up like you, Jim W, Terrry, the Doogues, Eddie, PeteL, the Penguin, Striblue and the others have.

Too many lurkers! I hope they realize that the core membership here doesn't get their thrills from labeling people or questions as sophmoric, etc... and that those who do participate reap the rewards of improving their fly fishing abilities and experiences in an exponential manner.

Stepping off the soapbox.

Way to go Greg!

RayStachelek
04-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Gregg -

Would you want to trade for a Popiel Pocket fisherman?

Way to go!

Penguin
04-28-2002, 01:02 PM
What he said! That's the ticket...
Greg...yet help set the standard for the rest of us to follow!
STRAIGHT ACES!

Lurkers...pay notice and don't hesitate to step up to the plate to make a difference...We're all in this together!

jborkowski
04-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Non ut sibi ministretur sed ut ministret

Words to live by.

Translation: "Not to be served, but to serve."

Congrats Gregg. Thanks for setting such great example.

Papa-G
04-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey Gregg.....

Congrats from the OLD MAN. Hey lookin' forward to being there with you on Fathers day and ready to help with anything that is needed to make the day for Little Brothers.

Hawkeye
04-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks Dad!,

Father's Day will be a little extra sepecial this year. Looking forward to walking the beaches with you.

JimW
04-29-2002, 08:50 AM
Gregg, I know you'll tie some cool patterns with those funky feathers. Your presence and positive attitude always add something special to the events.

bcasey
04-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Way to go Gregg, much deservered. Your contributions, just as your friendship are greatly appreciated !