Loomis IMX 15ft 4-pc 8/9 Spey 4 sale [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Loomis IMX 15ft 4-pc 8/9 Spey 4 sale

juro
04-27-2002, 02:59 PM
I am selling my Loomis IMX 15 foot 4-pc Spey. If you are familiar with the rod it's a great rod but I need some $ for guide weight waders. The rod is in excellent condition, sock and travel tube included. I just have too many Spey rods for someone who has moved to the east coast.

Looking for $400 (normally priced over $700)

doogue
04-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Juro,

I just scouted out the Sewall's Falls area (no fishing - just walking with my wife) and I saw a couple of guys spey casting there. They looked too cool as they were banging out 100 foot casts across the river. I then asked my wife "Do you know how I said that I was finished buying fishing and kayaking gear? Well, I think I just found a new piece of gear that I need."

If I did not just buy a house then I would be all over the rod. Alas, not this year. I may buy a spey blank next year and wrap a rod myself.

I wish I could buy it! Looks like this year I will be the one guy on the river that is using a stripping basket and double hauling to the salmon with my 9 foot 9 weight. So be it.

Good luck selling the rod.

-Mike

juro
05-02-2002, 07:00 PM
$375.00

Green Butt
05-31-2002, 01:05 AM
Is it still for sale?
Also wondering what lines you used on this rod?

JDJones
08-08-2002, 01:05 PM
Diito Grenn Butt's Query. Cannot find any reference to this rod in the Loomis catalog?

JD

juro
08-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Sorry I did not see these inquiries... the rod is currently on loan to our webmaster, Sean Ransom.

I've thrown everything from a DTF 9wt to a Windcutter on it. Great rod, casts with power yet is still flexible in the heart of the blank.

My interest in it's sale is on hold until we work out a way to get a good rod for our webmaster to keep. I'll let you know,

Juro

Eddie
08-23-2002, 06:51 PM
This would be a perfect rod to go with the Ross SW #V that I am selling. A huge reel and well priced. See my earlier post. Sorry for the spam, but this is a good deal.