Development on the Stilly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Development on the Stilly

NrthFrk16
04-27-2002, 01:14 AM
Over heard today that a fellow who has property at the Country Club (on French Creek) on the Stilly was asked what it would take to sell his property.

It seems there is a developer trying to buy up all the lots and the entire property...

What sort of development is this evil man invisioning and what are the chances of this actually taking place??...I dont know. I am worried, to say the least! :mad:

juro
04-27-2002, 06:57 AM
Might be worth a call to the town hall and ask? These land use proposals are open for public review I believe.

Similar thing was happening on the upper Snoqualmie... second golf course and high-end residential homes on the plateau, rumors were that the development was owned by Jack Nicholson, etc. Wonder what ever happened to that?

NrthFrk16
05-01-2002, 12:46 AM
How short of a time it takes for them bastards to cut down a acres of trees and pave a road.

They have cut more then a few acres worth on the land adjecent to the Country Club and have already paved a road in a cul de sac shape. :mad: :mad:

skyrise
05-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Sounds like they are tempting the river spirits. Didnt they have a flood in that area a few years ago that took out some property. And this state wonders why our rivers are bad off as they are.