NEW!- Portable Shore Fishfinder [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: NEW!- Portable Shore Fishfinder

striblue
04-25-2002, 09:04 PM
This is it guys.. a guy I know from MIT invented it... ever walk down the beach, along a stream or river or lake and say to yourself..."Hey, I wonder if there are fish in there"..sure..you can always do what fishing is all about and blind cast or cast to a rising fish....and... you can continue doing this... but never go home again without saying ,"tough day, but I still caught fish"... This little baby is it... a portable shore fishfinder... with cellulon lens.. this litterally allows you to see right though tough the water... the wildest ripples or highest surf and there they are... all you have to do is cast to "WHAT YOU SEE"... and you can pick and choose... find the big ones..go for the little ones....Ths is for the shore fisherman and works..It uses th principles of zukatron and Amonifacta... A new technology just waiting to explode . I only have a limited supply of these until we can manufacturer more... you pay the cost $50... I don't want to make these available to everyone just the people on the forum so please keep this Quiet. Please ontact me with any questions you have... I can tell you...This works and fits nicely in a vest or back pack as you see.A TOTALLY NEW WAY TO "LOOK" AT YOUR FAVORITE PAST TIME.

Dble Haul
04-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Ahhh, John.......have you taken a dip into your pogie oil stash?

:eyecrazy: :hehe:

Smcdermott
04-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Armed with this and an assortment of Ray's Cabbage Patch Shrimp flies and I could be deadly...

Sean

Penguin
04-25-2002, 09:50 PM
...While your generous offer is extremely tempting, last year I developed a "system" that was almost fool-proof...
...My method was to stay close to Jeff "the fish-magnet" Roop, The Beach Ninja, and the Right Honourable Mayor of C-Town.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!!

Jimmy
04-25-2002, 10:35 PM
NOW! Please. Put down the head cement and the camera and go.:hehe:

FrenchCreek
04-25-2002, 10:43 PM
I want one! RIGHT NOW
But since it lacks a proper trade name, I humbly suggest the following;
POCACS (Poagy Oil Chatham Anglers Club Special)
Then you could walk about south beach shouting...
Come one, Come all, Get your own POCACS here!
AND
If ever you do so, I want to be following you singing
" All we need is fish.." Fish, Fish

ssully
04-25-2002, 10:45 PM
John,

Tying with Soft-tex now I see. ;)

fredaevans
04-25-2002, 11:04 PM
My 'access person' to C-4 saw this and has doubled his price. :tsk_tsk:

"Steal" -head fishing just got very costly with the electronic alternative.
Double Damn.:devil:

Hawkeye
04-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Has your MIT guy considered configuring a miniaturized phluegal valve and attaching it to the discrontifier to better regulate the permalian forces? I think it might get better penetration and resolution with that simple modificaiton.

fredaevans
04-25-2002, 11:22 PM
still need at least a 1/4 stick and a water proof fuze.:o

FishHawk
04-26-2002, 05:34 AM
I'll take two black stealth models one for me and one for Dick.
FishHawk

Sprocket
04-26-2002, 08:04 AM
POCACS - good name! the second generation coiuld be a "HOCACS POCACS"
Highly
Overpriced
Contraption
Allowing
Cash
Sifening

Perpetuating
Occupation of
Chatam
Anglers
Club
Seasonally

striblue
04-26-2002, 08:25 AM
Gregg...those are good observations and I will forward that information to my man at MIT. Also, those interested in being the first to own this little bueaty can do so by sending your money order in the amount specified to Account # 37462, f/o/b Zukatron Pocket Fishing Pal ,aka POCACS Acqua Destabilizer.. Zurich Peoples Bank, Zurich, Swizerland. Don't be left without one.

John Desjardins
04-26-2002, 09:27 AM
So, when will this come out as the O&*%s approved version costing $150?

Eddie
04-26-2002, 11:08 AM
I think I saw that in the "Inovative Angler" catalog.

RayStachelek
04-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Love it!.... John, I can see the creative juices are flowing now.

Been working on a universal solvent too. Can't find a container to keep it in though. That's up there with the pet Rock.

FredA
04-26-2002, 02:35 PM
John,
Mount it on this sand sled (the one on top) and you'll be the scourge of the beach...

pmflyfisher
04-15-2003, 11:44 AM
John,

I could use one along with the Invisible waders but I would like to have a belt mount on the outside of the waders that I could point to the current run/pool,surf/river mouth etc. to detect the locations of the 30"+ steelhead and salmon that my lie there.

Look forward to the productionization of these technologies.

These would save me a lot of fruitless casting and connections with more fishies.

PM Out

BobK
04-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Hal, that's not what you need. You need something to help you LAND 'em. Maybe prayer will help. It's been a long streak! Too long, and I sympathize.

BobK

extmtbiker
04-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Yah I have seen that in magazines, it looks pretty cool. Would be a great thing for the fishermand that fish from the bank!!!

Adrian
05-11-2003, 07:13 AM
John

Looks like the guy from MIT defected to Hummingbird

fishfinder (http://www.humminbird.com/hb_Products.asp?ID=282)

:devil:

pmflyfisher
05-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Just got done reading the sunday papers. Outdoor section had these wireless fish and structure finders highlighted, cost $ 89. I may be interested, like to hear others experiences with them. Not so much for river FF but for lakes.

KEY ISSUES:

1. Wrist mount maybe not suitable for fly casters ?

2. Distraction to FF watching the monitor and the fly drift simultaneously.

3. Is this type of technology in the spirit of fly fishing history and your own personal fly fishing ethics ?

4. When you do not see any fish on the monitor you will most likely become discouraged and stop fishing or move to another fishing spot. This will decrease your overall fishing time (# of casts etc). Instead you could be thoroughly covering the water and find a fish which was not detected by the finder.

5. Since river fish relate to structure at many times (rocks, sunken trees, logs, etc) I wonder how well a fish's profile can be detected from these natural objectives ?

6. Will the wireless sensor be able to be securely attached to the end of the fly line and removed easily. Also can it withstand the stresses of fly casts which I beleive are greater than spin fishing gear.

Just some thoughts. Will be interested to hear experiences of those which actually purchase and apply one.

I do have one key situation that I think this would help regardless of the above issues, and that is fly fishing in lakes.

PM Out

striblue
05-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Oh No!!!!! I beter get busy on the "invisible " waders then!:)

E-12
05-31-2003, 12:07 PM
does it work in Sweden to ?... in that case i want one!

striblue
05-31-2003, 02:00 PM
E-12...it works everywhere even on land too.!

Robert Burton
05-31-2003, 08:26 PM
I was looking at this unit and i think you can use it differently then they intend.
Say you are fishing from a belly boat you could secure it to your tube and use it to look for stucture and, if you want, mark fish. There is NO WAY you'll be able to cast it with a fly rod and i agree that it will have little if any use on a river.:tsk_tsk: