Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bronzeback Clave

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Every year we talk about a smallmouth bass gathering on the lakes region in NH... and every year we don't go. This year I am going to do a smallie clave if it kills me.

If anyone is interested, pls reply and I will take the meister role.

#2 ·
Juro,

As always, I am game. I can even help co-meister. My only problem will be the dates of the affair. I will not be available in late June.

I may also have some tricks up my sleeve in terms of accomodations in the Laconia area. I will keep you posted when the date for the clave is set.

I find that my Sevylor raft can be a real asset when smallie fishing in the Lakes Region. We could call it the "Pool Toy Smallmouth Clave".

-Mike

#4 ·
Never fished fresh water, but I have been wanting to try. I'll have to keep my eye on this one, hopefully it fits my schedule!

Nick

#5 ·
My answer is an unqualified YES!

Unfortunately, May is pretty much shot for me as far as availability, and the first weekend in June is a tentative date for our Conn Clave down here. However, if the dates get pushed back a bit and you're looking for spots in Maine, I could propose a few choices in that state. I'm somewhat familiar with it. :p

#6 ·
Even though most, if not all my weekends are spent in NH, philosophically, I won't spend the money for a license this year, or perhaps again in the future. I don't see the return for the cost, nor do I agree with the state legislature's authority to raise fees arbitrarily. Being one dissenting voice, I realize this will make no difference.

#7 ·
Very interested. I'm overloaded big time lately. So I put out a feeler with "the boss" by saying "gee, I ought to put together a clave this spring". My reply was "You can go fishing for a weekend but you not going to organize it" Classic reply me thinks:hehe:
Therefore, if I can swing the dates I'm in. I'll help any way I can per usual. (Gee, I'm gonna need a 7 wt. though).

Lefty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.