Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sauk/Skagit

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  OC 
#1 ·
Fished the sauk/skagit friday. Water was in great shape. Had one on breifly in the afternoon on the sauk. Most every run had fishermen. The run that I hook up had been fished at least twice before my pass.

Speyflyfisher

#8 ·
Ya guys it was nice to get such a fish as the season winds down. As for sinktip buying dinner I don't know about that. I believe it's me that owes him a steak and a beer.
She was a tough old gal in her fight and the way she looked sort of like a French speaking whore from the north woods of Maine. Notice all the marks on her sides from a sea lion or seal. She has to have been up river more than once becauses the marks were old and well healed.
Got her on a black streamer nothing special and she fought well. Made 3 good runs and I never senced panic in any of them. Hooked her on her left side of her mouth and I was casting from her right. She took just after the mend and when the line started to swing, pretty sure she saw the fly sink turned and follwed down stream. We knew she was hooked on the opposite side because she wanted to work her self down river. It was good to have had plenty of room to keep below her. But the best was to watch her swim away because being the tough old gal she was ya know there is good genetics there and hopefully it will mean more fish fighting days in the future for all of us.
Hope you all had this same type of opportunity this year or will have before the season ends.
OC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.