Flyfishing Forum Embroidered Fishin' Caps [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flyfishing Forum Embroidered Fishin' Caps

juro
04-20-2002, 12:08 PM
There will be a new order for FORUM hats going in shortly... Please reply here to acknowledge that you are interested to give us an approximate order quantity. They go for $20ea, come in four color schemes, one size fits all. They are nicely made with brass vents and strap buckles, held up nicely for those who bought them last year. of course all proceeds go toward site costs for the year.

http://flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/hats/hat1.jpg

http://flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/hats/hat2.jpg

striblue
04-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Juro... I would love to but I have one of every color right now... Can you e-mail me and let me know what a minimum batch costs so I can design a CAC hat,,, I was thinking of a pattern with Cape cod map design and crossed flyrods ,Instead of the usual fish in the middle... but i will solicit the guys for ideas... I will pay for them. ( Not Fezes with brimes...don't worry)

FlyFishAR
04-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Juro:

I'll take 2.

John

Quentin
04-20-2002, 01:55 PM
One for me.

Q

pmflyfisher
04-20-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm in for one.

Any thinsulate models, I am still looking for a new one.

Will be taking the old ones to Michigan with me tomorrow. It has gotten cold again here.

A steelheaders delight though !!

Eddie
04-20-2002, 03:48 PM
I need another cap like I need another nine weight...oh, I "need" one of those new Powel Tiborons. Sign me up for a hat. What colors?

juro
04-20-2002, 04:03 PM
khaki all around
khaki/green brim (shown)
offwhite/coffee brim
green khaki all around

There are lots of colors - any requests?

here is the offwhite/coffee hat:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/springclave2001/journal/juros/jimmy1.jpg

juro
04-20-2002, 04:12 PM
I'll send you my contact w/ the company, Chillybearcustom.com. The biggest cost and burden is the artwork and conversion of layout into an embroidery tape (digital). I am not sure what the minimum run is but I believe you can go as small as you want but the price is higher that way and goes down as you get more. Our last run of hats cost several hundred dollars.

Here's what I would suggest instead - there are small batch focused kiosks at the mall that specialize in this kind of stuff for consumers. I don't think working with a big shop like Chillybear is the right approach for this. BTW - save me one!

Originally posted by striblue
Juro... I would love to but I have one of every color right now... Can you e-mail me and let me know what a minimum batch costs so I can design a CAC hat,,, I was thinking of a pattern with Cape cod map design and crossed flyrods ,Instead of the usual fish in the middle... but i will solicit the guys for ideas... I will pay for them. ( Not Fezes with brimes...don't worry)

rel1
04-20-2002, 06:10 PM
Sign me up for one-olive/olive. The light colors show up at nite to good. Just let me know when and where to send the check. Ron

fredaevans
04-20-2002, 06:30 PM
Off white with the brown bill. Paypal again?

Joan wants to know if the hats are made with a heavy material(would be too hot for warm summer day?) before she jumps on the bandwagon.
Fred

pmflyfisher
04-20-2002, 07:06 PM
Green khacki all around

Stealth version

juro
04-20-2002, 07:31 PM
Fred -

They are 100% cotton, lightweight as far as hats go. Those from the last batch were worn in summer last year and they are pretty cool as hats go. You can hold them to the light and see the light like a fabric lightshade. I looked high and low for the right all-around hat, but I'll let others comment on their likes and dislikes about them. I think they are pretty damn nice.

Orders made through Paypal will be processed first because (a) they arrive first (b) you can put your mailing address into the spreadsheet (c) exact time and date of the order is recorded and (d) it makes my job very easy. Checks require going to the bank, depositing, saving envelopes, all that "fun" stuff.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be the "check guy" we can work out some free hats or flyline or something.

For extra $$ per month we can hook up a secure credit card link but we'd lose money for sure in that deal. Paypal takes a small cut for providing a secure exchange method but the real payback for us is the automatic record keeping and addresses.

Originally posted by fredaevans
Off white with the brown bill. Paypal again?

Joan wants to know if the hats are made with a heavy material(would be too hot for warm summer day?) before she jumps on the bandwagon.
Fred

Jimmy
04-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Juro,

I'm in for one of every flavor. My youngest decided that my current hat looked better on her than it does on me. BTW. Who is that handsome devil in those Foster Grants?:hehe:

John,

One of the guys I work with does that kind of thing with the hats. Let me know what you want. Maybe he can do what you need for a good price. After all, I am his boss.;) ;)

juro
04-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Jimmy -

I've already been putting the order together with Chillybear but I'll talk to your man about any additional stuff down the road.

Handsome devil alright - that fish sure had the hots for him! :hehe:

fredaevans
04-21-2002, 12:20 AM
If you need a 'check guy' let me know. Work for a bank and all that. Only 'fumble part' would be you're on one side of the States and I'm on the other. But easy to set up an account (checking) that you can draw on with the book in hand.

Let me know off line.
Fred

NrthFrk16
04-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Love my hat!!!!! :) :) :) :)

...maybe if I donate again, I can get a differnt color hat to match that days atire. ;) :D

MarkDoogue
04-21-2002, 09:45 AM
As I read this post my wife walked into the room. She looked at the hat on the screen and sarcastically said, "Hey, why don't you buy another hat that looks like that?"

O.K.:hehe:

I'll take one in green khaki/all around.

As a bargaining chip I had to promise to "thin the herd" in my current stable of hats. They have begun to overtake the household. Oops! :rolleyes:

pmflyfisher
04-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Mark,

I have got closets full of baseball hats from my three sons and me. All played baseball and football (one still is). Unbelievable how many hats we have. Drives my wife crazy. Never had a fly fishing logo hat, just camo thinsulate duck hunting hats and old ski hats Vail, Steamboat, etc..

Hal

Slinger
04-22-2002, 12:02 AM
You can bet I`ll get at least one. What I want to know is "What is that man in the picture doing to that poor fish?". Looks like it should be on one of those adult sites that feature animals.
Slinger

fredaevans
04-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Cheeegoogo types can afford the small expense. And I'll (off line) even tell you how to make it a tax decuct. donation.:devil:

Lefty
04-22-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by striblue
Juro.... so I can design a CAC hat,,, I was thinking of a pattern with Cape cod map design and crossed flyrods ,Instead of the usual fish in the middle... but i will solicit the guys for ideas... I will pay for them. ( Not Fezes with brimes...don't worry)

John,

Here's a true to form CAC logo. A picture of me in my truck driving off cape over the Sagamore. I'm cursing to myself with a little caption "why did I drive all the way down there again!...:hehe:

Lefty

DFix
04-22-2002, 09:34 AM
What ARE the remaining colors available?

I'm in for khaki/green, offwhite/coffee at present, pending above info.

Dble Haul
04-22-2002, 10:21 AM
I'd like a khaki cap with the green bill, please.

Thank you!

lastcaststeve
04-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Juro,

Please add 2 khaki/green bills to your order for me! Nice hat, but more importantly a good cause!

seve

John Desjardins
04-22-2002, 10:46 AM
I'm in for a khaki/green brim to replace the one that I lost.

striblue
04-22-2002, 10:46 AM
Terry... that might work... I like it...

Chris
04-22-2002, 11:53 AM
I'll take an olive khaki all over for Ian.

Smcdermott
04-22-2002, 07:57 PM
I was just complementing all the guys at the Rhody outing. I will take a khaki/green brim.

FishHawk
04-23-2002, 06:44 AM
I'll take one Denim Blue if possible. Second choice Dark Olive.
FishHawk

FredA
04-23-2002, 11:37 AM
I'll take a kaki with green bill (like the pic)

richD
04-23-2002, 05:47 PM
I'll take a khaki and geen bill

juro
04-23-2002, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the response! Looks like we have enough to put in an order. I will put together the order form and try to find images of the colors available.

Preferred payment will be paypal, for obvious reasons. If you don't want to go with paypal your check order will be processed as soon as the paypal orders are processed first.

Once these are gone I don't think we'll order more in 2002. Other trinkets may come up though, we'll see what the returns are on these.

Look for the order form soon!

gordonh
04-24-2002, 12:21 PM
Circumstances may continue to keep me largely in the lurker category, but putting the cap on in front of the screen might be an improvement. Hopefully I can get some schoolies to splash it.

Khaki/ green brim preferable, but any option would be OK.

Sprocket
04-24-2002, 01:27 PM
(1) off white/brown please.

bcasey
04-25-2002, 09:19 AM
OFF white/coffee

Adrian
04-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Khaki/Green for me

Crusty
04-25-2002, 08:15 PM
I'll take one Grn/Grn.

Crusty

tomd
04-26-2002, 02:34 PM
khaki, green bill

Crusty
04-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Juro,

Is there a paypal thingy to click for hat payments? I can't find one.

Also, how do I get my machine to accept cookies so I don't have to log in everytime? Microsoft Outlook XP. Does anyone know?

Crusty

Papa-G
04-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Great hat!

I wanted one when I saw Mike and Gregg wearing them at the Bone Clave last summer.

Put me down for two. One khaki/green brim and one Khaki all over.

George

Dble Haul
05-14-2002, 02:32 PM
If it's not too late, my wife just saw some of the hat images and would like one that's all khaki. She wants to feel like one of the gang. If the quantities have already been ordered, never mind. We'll get one for her the next time around.

Thanks.

fredaevans
05-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Juro, do you have a rough time frame on when the hats will be ready? Second question is when do you need the moola?
Fred

juro
05-14-2002, 04:17 PM
To put in this order, I need:

Color preferences from Flyfish AR, Quentin, Eddie, and Slinger.

When you get your choices in the order will be placed! Not too late to order one if you haven't already!

(payment details will follow)

Quentin
05-14-2002, 05:22 PM
one khaki/green brim
one green khaki all around

Thanks!

juro
05-14-2002, 05:52 PM
Got it!

We should have these within the next two weeks.

Slinger
05-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Juro, Sorry to take so long. Put me down for kahki- green. Let me know how to pay by card.
Slinger

Steelheader69
05-16-2002, 12:30 AM
I want 3 hats

khaki/green brim (2)

green khaki (1)

Will pay via paypal, can do right now if that's ok?

If not will do later.

Thanks Jerry

craig
05-16-2002, 05:12 PM
I'm in for one!

juro
05-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Got 'em; pls specify color Craig

Originally posted by craig
I'm in for one!

juro
05-16-2002, 06:04 PM
SH69 -

You got the very last khaki/green in this order, so you can't get two of them. Choose one from the following instead:

__ Khaki

or

__ Sand with navy brim
__ Black

(These are extra caps in new colors I ordered to see how they looked)

juro
05-16-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey guys -

Please hold off on the payments until I get a paypal button setup with "FORUM HATS 2002" id. This automatically puts the purchases into a spreadsheet for me so I know who paid and how to send them, etc.

Since the order has already been put in and our rep is gone for the day, I think we're going to have to do our best to get you what you want and if we run out we'll have to choose from the extra hats I ordered to test new colors.

I guess next time we should offer them for sale for a period of time, then shut down the signups at a deadline.

Or we could have them available all the time, and pull the trigger when we get 50 back ordered.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a tokenmeister role in these kinds of deals feel free to step up to the plate.

I am thinking that those no-rust tape measures would be nice, with logo, etc.

striblue
05-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Juro...any further thoughts on FFF pins and patches?

Steelheader69
05-16-2002, 08:49 PM
I'll take the black one. So, I'll have an all green, a khaki/green, and a black. Ok, will send money via paypal when you have it up and running Juro.

Thanks. Jerry

macspey
07-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Juro,
I'll take 2-

1- All Khaki
1-Sand/blue

will PayPal
Thanks much!
John

Bob Pauli
07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
JURO-

KHAKI & GREEN, please.

bob

richD
07-10-2003, 08:01 PM
I will go for a khaki

sjs
07-11-2003, 08:30 AM
I'll take one in green khaki all around.

Dble Haul
07-11-2003, 09:12 AM
For clarity's sake, please post any further requests for hats in the current thread. I will lock this one down and transfer the four recent requests to the new thread.

Thanks.